Nevada-Las Vegas

NWR: How was the Holiday(s)

How was everyone's past holiday weekend? Did ya do anything special? Any gifts you want to AW?

And---what are your New Year's plans? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: How was the Holiday(s)

• edited December 2011
    hey there rach! how was your holiday weekend?

stayed in town and went to my dads friday and then FI parents saturday. My cousin (MOH) and her daughter (FG) came up from Kentucky for the weekend  (can I just say..quote of the weekend from 2 1/2 year old Brooklyn...my cousin-"Brooklyn if you dont stop carrying the cat around by her tail Im calling Santa and telling him not to bring you any presents"...her response..."ohh b.s."...but the whole word....as bad as it was, it was hard not to laugh)

FI bought me a diamond heart necklace that actually has the same style as E-Ring and band...its soo pretty...and it replaces the diamond heart necklace he bought me about 4 years ago that he accidently vacuumed up when he was cleaning awhile back.

And New Years...maybe staying home and having some friends over...or possibly braving the cold and going downtown Chicago to a party...Im leaning towards staying home....its too hard to look cute when it 10 degrees with a lake breeze.

Hope everyone has a great week and a safe and happy new years!
  • edited December 2011
    I spent all Christmas eve cooking and baking until about 6 pm. Then, all of Ben's family was over our house for Christmas Eve. Lots of food and drinks. My kitchen & living room are still a disaster. I have tomorrow evening off so it'll be a cleaning day after work. Christmas day, I got called off of work, so I got to send the whole day in my pjs doing nothing. Which was amazing. Ben got home from work around 7, I made us lobster and beer bread for dinner.
    Ben got me a Kindle and a snowboard bag for Christmas. I got him Aliens (the whole lot of 'em) on BlueRay and some Lionel trains.
    This week is super busy at my main job. I'm working a double shift everyday except tomorrow (only one shift and off work early) and then off Saturday & Suday.
    New Years Eve, I will be working, as always. (Someday I will have a job where I get holidays off, although at that point I won't know what to do with myself.)  New years Day, Ben and I leave to go camping/ dirtbiking in Mohave Desert. We will get back Wendsday morning, work the weekend and Monday we fly to Vegas.

Hope everyone else had a good holiday!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Rach! The week end was really nice, I even won at "tombola" (italian for bingo)! It's just that I miss FI terribly, actually we're both pretty miserable ... BUT FI paid off a big chunk of WR expenses to surprise me and I got him a SPA gift certficate at RedDoor, which he totally didn't expect!
    THEN I went dress shopping! FINALLY! I still want to try on a few more gowns but there is a dress that made it to number one - and I know FI will love it as well! The lady at the shop pulled it out even if it wasn't exactly the style I'm looking for but it looked sooooo good on me :-) We even accented it with a feather bolero and it became super!
    For new year's I'm singing in the evening and then hitting a 20's themed party with my friends, should be fun!

I wish you all great fun, health and succes!
  • edited December 2011
    We spent Christmas Eve with my ILs, very low-key dinner and a movie that FIL had rented.  DH and I exchanged gifts when we got home, I got him a headset for his cell phone and a CD.  He gave me Pride and Prejudice (BluRay), the whole six-hour Colin Firth-fest *yay!* and a gift card to The Body Shop.

Christmas Day was more food (totally slipped into a foodcoma) and gifts at my mom's.

Not sure if we're going to go out on NYE.  We might go to the M Resort (not far from our house, away from the Strip) and watch people get weird.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies!

Christmas Eve was awesome.  Spent the evening with my family, ate a lot of seafood and watched movies!  Christmas day was a bit of a nightmare. DH and I spent a total of 7 hours in the car driving to see his family and then driving around the town they live in.

I have to work until 9pm on NYE, but then we have dinner reservations at a fancy restaurant near our house. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thursday night I had a Christmas party with all of my friends at my house. Same as LittleMiss- Total wreck still :)

Christmas eve we just sat around for most of the day, and then went out to dinner with the in-laws and back to their house to open up all of our gifts from them since they took off to Vegas Christmas morning. FI got super spoiled- but hes always spoiled so no surprise there!

Christmas we went to my moms in the morn, my dads for lunch, and went home and was verryyy bored!!!! His parents took off to Vegas, and my mom was having dinner at my brothers in-laws, and they are really weird (oh and not to mention racist!!!) so we made up an excuse to get out of it!!!! We were so bored that we were so close to packing up and going to Vegas too, but we are glad we didnt, the Sunday traffic was INSANE. We would have been stuck for hours!

But all in all a good year, I got a kindle from my mom (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT) and a new dog bed for my babies, and a few light kits for my hallway since I have really old ugly lights in there. FI got me a new bra from VS, and some onesie pjs (I love them :) ) and Harry Potter 1-6 on Bluray!!! Good haul this year!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    OH and for new years we are supposed to go up to my friends cabin in Big Bear, but I saw on the news this morning that like half of the road slid down the mountain..........sooo I am not sure if there is another way up that is open, us Californians are totally unprepared for big storms!! We have a bunch of roads that are closed and there were sinkholes on the freeway and on the local streets! They need to think ahead before they make crappy roads!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_nwr-holidays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:a32ae0b2-0abb-441b-8874-4a437ff34b18Post:f9a98ebb-9b2b-4f68-8c01-80f09746686a">Re: NWR: How was the Holiday(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH and for new years we are supposed to go up to my friends cabin in Big Bear, but I saw on the news this morning that like half of the road slid down the mountain..........sooo I am not sure if there is another way up that is open, us Californians are totally unprepared for big storms!! We have a bunch of roads that are closed and there were sinkholes on the freeway and on the local streets! They need to think ahead before they make crappy roads!!
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

The main way to Bear is closed. Have to take the back route. Take the 38 or the 18. I so can't wait to go up there. We got passes from Skidazzle and my parents got me new bindings for christmas
  • edited December 2011
    I also heard that the 18 is closed now, but they hope for not as long as the 330. They said the 330 could be closed all winter, that really sucks for people that live there!! I can still take the 38 but I live in victorville so it is such a far way that way!! But I guess its my fault for living in the boonies :)

Thats cool that you got ski passes, I have never gone skiing or snowboarding. My group of friends go "tarping"  every year. We have a huge tarp and like 10 of us sit on it and go down the hill... it is so fun and SCARY.
    WOW I totally made Victorville look like hicks right now haha :)
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Ohio to see my parents---it was a super short trip, but it was the first time I'd been home since moving to NC 6 months ago. So, it was nice. Makes me really miss home :(

We have no plans for NYE--but, at least I don't have to work!! And, New Years Day and the day after, I'll be working a bridal show for The Knot in Raleigh (finally, they are going to pay me for all my hard work---haha!). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had a gift certificate to a sushi restaurant so we did that on Christmas Eve.  Neither of our families could come out this year because everyone is saving to travel for the wedding so it was just the two of us.  I missed having my parents here, but it was also really nice with just us.  FI had me believing that he hadn't gotten me anything for Christmas right up until we were opening presents from the family.  He ended up surprising me with a gorgeous necklace.  The pendant is an opal surrounded by tiny diamonds.  He definitely put some thought into it since opal is my birth stone.

FI had to work on Christmas day so I took our dog to visit one of my bridesmaids who recently broke her ankle.  She loves our dog so I wanted to cheer her up.

No plans as of yet for NYE, we'll probably just go to one of the local bars here that doesn't charge a cover. 

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    My weekend was just the way I like it - nice, quiet & uneventful!  After doing 6 million loads of laundry and cleaning out the garage, I joined the in-laws for Christmas dinner and gave the dogs their stockings full of squeaky & chewy toys. (Note to self: **LESS** Squeaky, more Chewy next year! LOL)

Its weird not having Darling with me this year, but then I figure I got Christmas, NYs, Valentines and all the other holidays wrapped up together on our wedding day, so I really don't get to whine. (at least not too much)  He did manage to sneak a surprise card for me into the laundry room because he knew I'd find it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Hey everybody! How were your holidays? I've been MIA now for a couple of weeks. FI and I have been in the Northwest(Oregon/Washington) and spent the holidays with his family. Just got back this afternoon! We were there for 10 days! We did so much stuff, like snowboarding, watching a basketball game, eating out a lot and holiday parties! His parents and siblings got a lot of gifts from our registry for our Xmas presents instead, so now we have a lot less gifts on there for other people! LOL. It was so great, we didn't want to leave! 

Hope everyone had a good holiday season! 
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    @kara - just curious, where in the NW were you? I'm originally from WA...
    Married 5.6.11

• kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    @direy: We were in Kalama, FI's parents live there. We spent a lot of time in Vancouver, and Portland, and other places. lol Where are you from? 
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Monroe, WA. Nobody usually knows where that is, it's a little cow town NE of Seattle... Where did you go snowboarding? I lived about an hour from Steven's Pass, but never actually started snowboarding until moving to CO...
    Married 5.6.11

• kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    @direy: oh nice. So you're from the north! We went snowboarding in Mt Hood. It was great!!! I'd love to go to Colorado and snowboard there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards