Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

So many checks done with 53 days to go!

My fiance and I are having an untraditional wedding with just us, his 18 and 11 year old, and his ex-mother-in-law (a dear friend of the family) in Vegas. Within the last two months, he has graduated college, had a surprise graduation party, studied and passed his nursing boards, and found a nursing job all while working full time. His son has also graduated high school (lives with us) and we are planning his graduation party next weekend. On top of planning all that and a wedding in Vegas, I have been working 60-70 hours a week. 

Feeling accomplished, here is my list of checks:

*paid off Mandalay Bay for our ceremony in the shark reef
*paid off Todd for photography
*paid off crazy huge rental house for our stay in Vegas (so excited-it looks like a real cool house with a huge pool, spa, and everyone has their own bedroom/bathroom with multiple great rooms/family rooms)
*bought some groupons and restaurant.com coupons for some food options in Vegas
*bought our Cirque du Soleil Ka tickets for our wedding night for the five of us (yes, we are so excited about this and can't wait-untraditional but so much fun)
*bought tickets to Tournament of Kings show at Excalibur (the kids are huge medieval fans who have their own jousting tournaments so we thought this would be a huge surprise for them the day after the wedding)
*booked rental car
*took dress for first fitting and loved the alteration shop. 
*bought special items for the kids and ex-mother-in-law (personalized robes and totes for the girl and friend, custom bath sets from Etsy, "in case you get cold feet" socks from Etsy, custom bridesmaid/guest survival cards from Etsy, custom "if I'm a bird" print from Etsy for my groom, personalized jewelry from Etsy, etc-yes, everyone will be surprised and spoiled from me)

Plus-and this is the big one-we told the 11 year old about the wedding. You may remember that the little girl has missed most of the important events in our family because of mystery illnesses or circumstances from her mother around each event. However, as people know and more importantly, her 18 year old half brother knows, we realized we need to do what's right and have some faith. We realized she would be crushed when she found out everyone knew about the wedding but her. So we went to breakfast and told her we had something really important to tell her. Her first question "Are we adopting a kid from Korea?" Not really sure where that came from but then I asked her to be my maid of honor. She got really excited and that was wonderful to see. So we now have to have a little faith and believe that the right thing (her being with us) will happen.

Things to finish this week:
*fax all paperwork back to Mandalay Bay
*order the tiny wedding cake from Retro Bakery
*make wedding lunch reservations at Top of the World since wedding is at 9 am and then 2 hour strip tour right after
*book limo
*do marriage license on line

And then I'm done-for now anyway. Love that everything is completely paid off-with no credit card debt from it either! 

Re: So many checks done with 53 days to go!

• Options
    EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Congrats! You've accomplished a lot! I saw Ka in January with my fiance and it was amazing! I had high hopes for it, and it exceeded my expectations. I hope you love the show as well : How long are you booking Todd for? I want to book him soon for 6 hours. Just need to figure out my timeline so I know the start time. We want to do a strip tour beforehand. Congrats again!
  • Options
    woot woot congrats.  wondered where you had disappeared too. 
  • Options
    Congrats on all those checks and everything else! :)
  • Options
    Emilia-So glad that KA exceeded your expectations. We wanted to see a really cool show with the kids and the oldest loves the whole martial arts kind of thing. We wanted the little clips on each website and that was the one that looked to fit our needs. The kids love Criss Angel but we heard his Cirque du Soleil show was horrible. After reading hundreds of reviews that said the same thing, we just couldn't pay $500 for a show we weren't sure about. We are only booking Todd for a two hour photo tour. We know it's going to be so hot and wit the kids, we also know they don't have the greatest of attention spans either. I may sneak in an extra hour though because I know he is still available. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions....

Thanks petit and southern-it's getting so much closer and crazier. I can't believe it is now 7 weeks from today that I'm getting married. Yippee!!
  • Options
    crazynlove2011, if you're flexible on when you go to some of the shows, Tix 4 Tonight http://www.tix4tonight.com/ has booths around the strip and downtown where if you're willing to buy tickets same-day for some of the more popular shows, you can get them a lot cheaper.  Just kind of sucks if you were planning to go with a big group because you won't be able to get the seats all together or maybe even enough for one show if it's a popular one, but if it's just you two and kids you can probably find some good deals.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards