Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

entertainment

Ok I am trying to come up with entertainment ideas for our small reception at Magigiono's ,We are in the Decarla room This room  is small no dance floor.our guest age will be 20-36yr old , they will exspect entertainment. 

I have contact  about 5 people from Gigmaster, they turn me down, because I only want 1/2 hr of service. I google everyday to find someone to do a small show (no luck) I am think about placing a ad on Craiglist.

My idea is to have someone come and sing 2-3 songs, then have someone come and do 1/2 hour of magic tricks,last have a comedian come and roast our guest.My FI idea is to have a karaoke machine and hope people will sing. then maybe have a surprise Elvis . What do you think? If  you  have seem the Decarla room can you tell me if I would have enough space for anything? Do any one have a fun idea that I should look into ?

TIA

Re: entertainment

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think that seems like a whole lot going on.  Why not just have background music and let people mingle?  People are going to want to catch up with friends and family, not sit attentively through a variety show.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Aerin... I would maybe get the Elvis for a bit of Las Vegas flavour and then have an iPod playlist to allow guests to chat and mingle.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep! Ditto Arein on this. I would not expect entertainment like that at a wedding....I have always enjoyed catching up with family and dancing. So I would go with the Elvis and a little Karaoke for fun :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The DiCarlo room is not huge. Between servers coming in with food and drinks, I would think that sounds like a lot going on. Maybe the karaoke machine would work or just have music and mingle? There also might be spacing issues depending if you have one long or do 2 or 3 round tables.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been in that room, but I vote for karaoke machine & maybe an elvis or someone to sing.

The roasting of your guests is hilarious, and if it is your style, maybe you could have someone come to your rehearsal dinner or meet or greet if you are having one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    karaoke sounds like a good idea; lets the guets interact with each other while also having fun instead of sitting around to be entertained where they can't really talk to each other while also paying attention and/or not insulting the entertainer.  Plus I can't see any entertainer wanting a 30 minute gig, or even an hour once you factor in transporation, I'd think they'd want to be compensated for several hours of 'work'.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're considering hiring a magician let me know because my husband and I are professional illusionists in Vegas. We don't perform at weddings, but I know lots of local magicians that I can recommend that do, as well as lots of comedians.

Congrats on the wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ok . Thanks everyone for your opinion, I guess I was going over board with the entertainment ideas.   I will drop most of it and probably do the ipod, and Karaoke  machine. But I really like the idea of having our guest  roasted it fits my personality.

what would I do with out the knot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards