Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

A little annoyed with MB

So a violinist came with our package at MB.  They emailed me and called me months ago and told me that they no longer had a contract with their violinist and that to compensate for that, they were offering a $50 floral upgrade.  I emailed my WC and asked her if instead of the floral credit, could I get $50 off of a room instead seeing as how in addition to the room that comes with our package, we we still will need to book an additional night.  My WC emails me back and says we could use the credit towards another night at the hotel with no problem at all.  So today I email her confirming which room it was that came with our package and she tells me which one it is and then tells me she cant offer me the $50 off the additional room anymore.

It annoys me first off that she told me back in December that this could be done and secondly, it annoys me that she didn't tell me she could no longer offer me the credit until I emailed her today.  Its like had I not have contacted her today, when was she going to let me know?  I mean in the end, its not all that big of a credit, but I was just a little peeved at the way its being handled Undecided

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A little annoyed with MB

• Options
    that's some shiz.  Forward her a copy of the email saying that she would be able to offer $50 credit towards a room.  Ask her why she was willing to offer it then, but not now.  I work at a hotel and chances are they're trying to hardball you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_little-annoyed-mb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a969f051-608e-43f2-a845-a5a3925577cdPost:4f2accfd-510d-4f52-978f-9e0f4e9bbd88">Re: A little annoyed with MB</a>:
    [QUOTE]that's some shiz.  Forward her a copy of the email saying that she would be able to offer $50 credit towards a room.  Ask her why she was willing to offer it then, but not now.  I work at a hotel and chances are they're trying to hardball you.
    Posted by murphanzo[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  It just really annoys me and I wasn't at all annoyed with the cancellation of the violinist when they initially told me about it no longer being an option but THIS really frustrates me.  Its like I'm already paying for the ceremony and $200 a night for the rooms there and you are hassling me over a $50 credit?!?!?

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Unfortunately this is not entirely unusual for MB...

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    UPDATE- Well, well, well to my surprise it looks like MB redeemed itself.  Before I even had a chance to get back to my WC, she emailed me this morning and told me she looked in my file and had overlooked the fact that she had sent me an email offering me a $50 room credit.  So she is now honoring it and has apologized for any inconvenience.  Ironically right after she sent me her email, i got an email from a supervisor at MB asking me if I had any questions or needed any additional help with my wedding planning.

• Options
    I got that same email from a supervisor today too haha! But glad you got it all worked out
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_little-annoyed-mb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a969f051-608e-43f2-a845-a5a3925577cdPost:599c477f-2fd9-4c17-91d5-1a8c22b5f7ff">Re: A little annoyed with MB</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got that same email from a supervisor today too haha! But glad you got it all worked out
    Posted by chansed[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Interesting,  I wonder what that's about.  I have yet to hear from a "supervisor" in all these months until today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards