North Carolina

DIY Flowers

My mom's best friend used to be a florist, so my mother met with her about doing the flowers and centerpieces for the wedding.  Mom asked and asked for a quote, and the lady would always say I'm almost done.  Well we met with her on Saturday, and I thought my mom was going to have a heart attack.  So I told her how a lot of you gals had ordered flowers from Sam's and did them yourselves.  I was only wanting the girls to carry a couple of calla lilies anyways, so we have decided to go that route.  Now I have to get creative with centerpieces though....any suggesstions?  The ceremony is outdoors, but the reception is inside.  My colors are yellow and a khaki, and we have round tables with white linens. 

Thanks girls!
200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY Flowers

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best and easiest recommendation I can make is jars. You can fill them with anything.  Here are a couple of examples I have.

1 - We did our our centerpieces for our tropical wedding. We put sand in the bottom of the jars, a few sea shells, then filled it with water. We added a few loose orchids to float in the jars and had floating candles on top. We placed the jars on squares made of a satin material which made the light pop a little more. They looked great and were easy/ cheap to do.

2 - my friends had a fall themed wedding. They got huge glass jars and filled them with green apples. They added a few flowers and a few mini lights. It was adorable!

I know several of the girls have done their own centerpieces and they looked great.  Just think outside the box. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We did the centerpieces ourselves. Our bouquets were done by a florist in Chapel Hill.

We also had an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception.

We used a white tablecloth and put a square of burlap as a sort of runner. We got our flowers from Fresh Market. We went for a variety of flowers. I wanted a fresh picked look. We also used some of the same flowers that were in our bouquets. The flowers were in a quart mason jar. We had pint mason jars around that with a little bit of sand and a candle. We tied in our wedding colors with raphia ribbon around the jars.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards