Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Odd invitation situation- long, sorry

I'm considering XP-ing this on Etiquette too...

I do a lot of theater and have a large family of "theater friends"- people I'm friendly with when I'm in shows, but don't talk to outside of this. A few of them have become real friends, and they are invited to our wedding.

K is invited, along with her husband. The last time I was in a show with K, her good friend N was also in the show. N and I are purely aquaintances- in fact, N was my theater director in middle school.

K and N want to come to the wedding. I saw K last night and she said "N and I are still planning on coming!" It sounds like she plans on coming with N instead of her husband.

I don't mind if N comes in place of K's husband. But, I really don't have room to properly invite N and her husband (I'm not even positive she's still married- last I paid attention it was an open marriage and she has a female partner). What do I do? Let them make their own plans? Send an invite to just N? Find out her relationship status and invite both or all three of them? I'm really stumped. Halp!

Re: Odd invitation situation- long, sorry

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would explain to K that you would love it if she brought N as her guest, but make it clear that there are only two spaces at the reception and as much as you would like to invite partners as well, she will have to choose who to bring.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_odd-invitation-situation-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:abf459c1-6796-40e2-8003-dec0e9ec2ec5Post:96897153-1b0f-4d10-baba-200eb85a83a8">Odd invitation situation- long, sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm considering XP-ing this on Etiquette too... I do a lot of theater and have a large family of "theater friends"- people I'm friendly with when I'm in shows, but don't talk to outside of this. A few of them have become real friends, and they are invited to our wedding. K is invited, along with her husband. The last time I was in a show with K, her good friend N was also in the show. N and I are purely aquaintances- in fact, N was my theater director in middle school. K and N want to come to the wedding. I saw K last night and she said "N and I are still planning on coming!" It sounds like she plans on coming with N instead of her husband. I don't mind if N comes in place of K's husband. But, I really don't have room to properly invite N and her husband (I'm not even positive she's still married- last I paid attention it was an open marriage and she has a female partner). What do I do? Let them make their own plans? Send an invite to just N? Find out her relationship status and invite both or all three of them? I'm really stumped. Halp!
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you already planned to invite K with a plus one, so I would just stick with that. If she wants to bring N as her plus one, that's ok but I wouldn't invite N.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_odd-invitation-situation-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:abf459c1-6796-40e2-8003-dec0e9ec2ec5Post:3de8f20b-b2d9-4da2-93be-0ebc02d719d6">Re: Odd invitation situation- long, sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Odd invitation situation- long, sorry : Sounds like you already planned to invite K with a plus one, so I would just stick with that. If she wants to bring N as her plus one, that's ok but I wouldn't invite N.
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

This
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_odd-invitation-situation-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:abf459c1-6796-40e2-8003-dec0e9ec2ec5Post:3de8f20b-b2d9-4da2-93be-0ebc02d719d6">Re: Odd invitation situation- long, sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Odd invitation situation- long, sorry : Sounds like you already planned to invite K with a plus one, so I would just stick with that. If she wants to bring N as her plus one, that's ok but I wouldn't invite N.
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ditto this. It's up to K who she brings, and if she ends up bringing both N and her husband then call her up and say no. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's to invite K plus one.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I had 2 people bring friends instead of spouses to my wedding. Which is fine as I allotted that number, but it's kind of weird to have people you barely know at your wedding...espcially a small one like mine with only 42 people.

I say like all PPs that 1 invite to K is all that's needed. Wait for the RSVP and see how she responds.

Cant wait to see you in your dress!
    Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bet K is N's "female partner"...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just invite K and her +1 if she brings N or her husband, that is up to her. No need to send N her own invite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards