Finally, my FI and I made sort of a budget for our wedding next year. Originally, we want to have it in Portland, OR where we currently live. Either that or Boise, ID where he's originally from. We calculated number of guests will be around 80-100 people if we have it in Portland.
A little about my friendship situation, I had a major fallout with my used to be best friend last year. Long story short, we are not friends anymore and I don't really have close friends any longer. I have "friends" who I occassionally meet at events and such but we don't really hang out or communicate often. Because of that reason, it got me thinking about having a simpler wedding in Vegas since I love the city so much.
So my questions are:
* Do you think we can do a ceremony & reception with budget of $5000? We will be the only people paying for our wedding.
* How do you invite your family and close friends, I meant do you pay for all/part of plane tickets and hotel rooms?
* How do you check the venue, do you make an appointment and fly out there or do you trust pictures from websites?
* Do you do formal reception or do you just have reception at one of the buffet places?
* What is the most affordable venue for ceremony (under $500) or reception (under $2000)?
* Also what do you think are pros and cons of getting married in Vegas?
I'm sure I have other questions, thank you in advance for all your answers.