Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding colors

Help me pick out my wedding colors. I don't really have a favorite color and not sure what flowers/colors to use for my ceremony and centerpieces.

Share your pictures!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding colors

• Options
    I wasn't too particular about colors so I left my FI pick. He picked his college colors which is fine and I think it makes it more personal and gets him involved. Does your FI have a favorite team with decent colors?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 97 Dealt!

image 37 All In!

image 12 Had to fold!

image 48 Are Holding Out For their Turn!

RSVP Date: 10/04/2012

• Options
    Our colors were red and aqua.

You could also check out The perfect palette, it gives you ideas of what color combos go together.  Really great website.

http://www.theperfectpalette.com/
  • Options
    What are your venues?  Maybe pick colors that compliment that area?  I was the same way and ultimately ended up choosing a color I liked best on the bridesmaid dresses.
  • Options
    Ours are yellow and turqoise :)

I love yellow and he loves blue, so we brightened it up a bit since we're getting married in the spring.
  • Options
    Our colors were ivory, gold and turquoise. Gold to complement my wedding day jewelry and turquoise as the accent color that hubby picked. Our reception suite turned out to be decorated in ivory and gold too so that was kind of perfect. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our colors are garnet and gold (we met at Florida State University Wink).  The flowers will be ivory with garnet "bouquet jewelry" like this: 

I dreaded having to try to match garnet/burgundy/wine/deep red, so a friend turned me onto this idea.  Great way to avoid a headache!

Edit: Spelling
    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm getting married in the Spring, and my colors were based on my gown (which fell into my lap, before I had anything planned!) Ivory & Champange Gold, with Blush Pink as the accent color. My gown is Ivory, with a Champagne sash/brooch, and all the bead work/details are sewn in gold thread. Being Springtime, I simply wanted a light, elegant color for the accent. Im not normally a "pink" girl, but I saw these 3 colors together on 1 item, and did a "Google Image" search as wedding colors. When I saw them together on various inspiration boards, I just loved how they looked together and complimented each other. Have fun choosing your colors! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're aqua (more of a "tiffany blue") and purple. I was inspired by a wildberry Pop Tart, haha.  Thought they were fun for a spring wedding.

Our second chose was red/black/ivory-- very Vegas-y.
  • Options
    We are doing purple/silver/black.  My second choice would have been navy/silver/black.

I honestly didn't care about the time of year, because I'm sort of obsessed with purple (eggplant).  We're not having too many color-themed things, just a few touches here and there.   
  • Options
    To be honest i wasn't even going to pick any "colours" but my BM's wanted direction when it came to picking out their dresses. My dress is pink with polka dots so i didn't want anything that would detract from that and I wanted my BM's to really be able to wear the dress again so.... my colours are black & white with a little silver thrown in. And they got short black strapless dresses.

I like Hiltonsgirl idea about google image searching and seeing what combinations jump out at you. Another way to look at it is what type of flowers do you like. Personally i love the new bright green and white bouquets that are popular now so if i was using real flowers instead of paper ones i might have done green. Good Luck :)
  • Options

Thanks for all your responses. I am really torn between red/black/white combo and purple. I really like deep purple, but love how red roses look Undecided

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-colors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:af2a2536-b5fe-4a27-9f89-f67954e54bddPost:e4688847-2dc2-42a7-b3e1-ab0893be9096">Re: Wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all your responses. I am really torn between red/black/white combo and purple. I really like deep purple, but love how red roses look
    Posted by mandm111[/QUOTE]

Deep purple and red look really good together.

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=red%20and%20deep%20purple%20wedding&hl=en&gbv=2&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1219l4266l0l4485l19l18l0l8l8l0l204l1501l0.7.2l9l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi">http://www.google.com/search?q=red%20and%20deep%20purple%20wedding&hl=en&gbv=2&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1219l4266l0l4485l19l18l0l8l8l0l204l1501l0.7.2l9l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi</a>
  • Options
    that looks pretty..i didnt even think about them working together. Thanks Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards