Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Day of Coordinator

I'm thinking of getting a day of coordinator to help with setting up and meeting vendors. I know some people have used Scheme and some have used Culinary Pros. I can't decide which one to go with so anyone that has used either one of them if you could give some advice, I would appricate it. Cuilnary Pros is much cheaper per hour but has a minimum of 5 hours. Scheme is more per hour but only have a minimum of 3 hours. Any advice would be great! 

Re: Day of Coordinator

• Options
    bbuckner984bbuckner984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is something we are considering as well. I was going to have my aunt do it, but I want her to be able to enjoy herself as well.

I will watch for others' feedback.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Traci from Scheme and it was the BEST decision of the entire wedding. Traci was on her game and really really made our day special every step of the way. She went above and beyond the 5 hours we actually paid for. Worth so much more. Those girls have a special talent, and are so good at what they do. ..Best money we spent was on Scheme.

She put together our wedding day agenda, she made sure the cake was deliverd and set up, she met the caterer while we were on our bus tour, she helped cut our cake, she brought me my flats before our enterance onto the suite bc my feet were KILLING me, she handed me drinks all night, she decorated the suite and did it all with a smile on her face,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jessica632011 -- could you share the pricing you received from them? I am looking to contact them as well! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Culinary Pros for 5 hours and it was $150 in total.....half the price of what Scheme charges I believe. They were great! And if you don't need them for the whole time there is nothing to stop you from lettting them leave after 3 or 4 hours and just paying them for 5??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes Scheme quoted me for $100 an hour and I'm still waiting for Culinary Pros to get back to me. I had just seen in someone reviews(Sin715 I think) that they were less money.

Sin715 -yes I can just have them leave early and pay them for 5 hours of course.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Scheme for our wedding day andI can't imagine doing it without their help, but I don't know if you really need to spend money on a coordinator just to set up meetings with potential vendors?  I just used a spreadsheet, figured out who was available at what time, shot off some emails and probably took no more than an hour of total time setting up meetings with about 20 vendors across three days on our first scouting trip.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    VegasGroom- Thank you and I was talking about setting up things on the day of my wedding and meeting the vendors I got outside of MB, like my florist and DJ.I have a coordinator at MB but they won't set up or be responsable for any outside vendors and I just want to make sure everything gets done since I will not be able to be there.
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_day-of-coordinator-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b1f98905-d292-4197-911e-2dd6c4a5fdebPost:ea44d559-9748-428f-beed-8bfb8b3e2335">Re: Day of Coordinator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> used Culinary Pros for 5 hours and it was $150 in total.....half the price of what Scheme charges I believe. They were great! </strong>And if you don't need them for the whole time there is nothing to stop you from lettting them leave after 3 or 4 hours and just paying them for 5??
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

I actually just booked a day of coordinator with Culinary Pros because of Sin715's glowing review of them.  I had already booked them for bartending services previously, but for the price I couldn't not get the DOC.  Sari has been great to work with so far (quick response time, very accommodating, etc). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_day-of-coordinator-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b1f98905-d292-4197-911e-2dd6c4a5fdebPost:6cff69dc-15ca-4668-bd1a-53f89654fd2a">Re: Day of Coordinator</a>:
    [QUOTE]VegasGroom- Thank you and I was talking about setting up things on the day of my wedding and meeting the vendors I got outside of MB, like my florist and DJ.I have a coordinator at MB but they won't set up or be responsable for any outside vendors and I just want to make sure everything gets done since I will not be able to be there.
    Posted by Jessica632011[/QUOTE]

Sorry, misunderstood that part; yep definitely a DOC will make life much easier on wedding day, could not have done it without Scheme, and didn't have anything to worry about with them.

• Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Used Scheme...  lots of mishaps on their part and bad customer service as far as dealing with the situation afterwards.  (Had to threaten to file with the BBB before they were willing to cooperate.)  If I could do it over again I would go with Culinary Pro or would have asked willing family members to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • Options
    I have booked Culinary Pros (can't beat the pricing) for 6 hours on the day of our insuite reception. We are mainly just needing one person to let all of the vendors into the suite and help with set up etc. How does this normally work? I give them my key card (or whatever it is) when I leave and let them have full control over the Vista Suite during the ceremony and 2hour DD Bus tour? I mean, there is nothing to worry about?? Like leaving someone else with all of our stuff?? I am being paranoid...
    Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • Options

bump*

anyone have any opinions on this?

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • Options
    I would just make sure they carry liability insurance, and lock up anything super valuable in the safe which you should do anyway regardless of whether they have your key card since who knows who else can get into any given hotel room.

• Options
    I used Scheme as well and it was the one portion of the entire trip/event I wasn't satisfied with. Maybe my expectations were too high but the value for the money was poor at best. They didn't offer me an hourly rate, just a package of $900 for day of coordination. We're they polite and on time? Yes. But they left to go have dinner just as the reception was getting started, the dj couldn't get a hold of them to figure out the room number, they called housekeeping up to clean while people were still mingling and left as soon as thy could without helping me wrap up the night. They did contact the vendors before hand to confirm (but hello! I had that done already!!) and when I tried to ak them questions before hand, I was old that would be $100 an hour for "consultation". Granted they will never see me again but I felt they were extremely overpriced for the service provided!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards