Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

AW: Dyed my slip PIP

I love the look of having a colorful slip/crinoline under the wedding dress (especially yours rachnrich) so I decided since I played hooky from work today I would go ahead and go for it. I ended up dying it a bright kinda dark purple. The pictures aren't very good, it is more vibrant in person. I love the color it turned out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker

Re: AW: Dyed my slip PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    AWESOME!!! So cool and crafty!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!! I tried to dye mine red but it came out light pink. I think I had wrong fabric or something. But yours looks amazing! Great job!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very fun, love it!  That will make for some awesome pictures!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I was very pleased the fabric took to the dye so well. I was also very pleased that i hardly got any dye on me or the floor and you cant even tell the washing machine was full of purple dye. I hope I'm not getting too matchy matchy cause it came out the same shade of purple in FI's tie and then some of the flowers in my bouquet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I don't think it will be too matchy-matchy at all, I think that actually sounds fun with the other elements of purple!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good.  I don't have one...I'm nekkid under my dress.

Well, 'cept fo mah drawers.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very cool! Can't wait to see what it looks like with the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SUPER cute.  I'm sort of obsessed with purple, so I'm extra excited for you.  I would love to dye mine, but I don't have much fabric to work with.  OhandIsuckatcrafts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love it!
    i want to do mine pink and i have the crinoline and the dye, i just need to get around to doing it. but i'm kind of nervous about my washing machine :)
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Schroeder- don't be! At least for me anyways I had no issues with dye getting anywhere and after you're all done just run the laundry machine empty with hot water and bleach to clean it up but really it stayed so clean I probably could have even skipped that step. I'm loving it even more, now that it's dry it's such a pretty purple. It's the same shade as Direy's hubby's shirt in her siggy pic.
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super cute idea.. what dye did you use?  Any tips?  I wouldn't be opposed to trying to dye mine blue if I knew I wouldn't make a mess of things.
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks awesome!  I love the color.
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! It's so pretty! I re-dyed mine for my last TTD that same color; it's so awesome in person..so, you must be excited :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards