Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

something special for my sorority sisters!

I know that I want to do something special for my sorority sisters at my wedding, but I can't decide specifically what to do. I know that I want designated seating for them at the ceremony and reception, but I want additional ideas too! Any suggestions?! Thanks in advance! 

Re: something special for my sorority sisters!

• Are all guests going to get designated seating at your reception?  If not, then I wouldn't recommend having one set of guests get special seating while the others have to fend for themselves.  It makes the other guests feel second-rate.

I would do something privately...maybe meet them for coffee a few days before and give them nice handwritten notes thanking them for being so supportive.    Maybe, at the reception, later in the evening, you could have the DJ or band play a song that means a lot to your friendship, and get the photographer to take a pic of all of you guys dancing to it:-)   
    DSC_9275
  • I agree with PP, do something at reception to acknowledge them as a group. If you want to do a group picture you can ask them to hang out at the church after the ceremony for a picture & then have dancing with them later.
  • I agree with PP. It's a nice gesture but it will be seen as treating some guests better than others.  This will not go unnoticed.  I had 8 sorority sisters at my wedding. I had them sit at the same table and we took a group picture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I heard/read somewhere that a bride used her sorority's flower and colors to make the centerpiece for the table she sat her sorority sisters at.

Subtle enough to not be noticeable/exclusive to other guests, but still meaningful.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_something-special-for-my-sorority-sisters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:1498764c-4a99-487b-9b9b-fb45b5d1603cPost:5fb7485d-9d03-4240-9ed6-ae57b858b76f">Re: something special for my sorority sisters!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard/read somewhere that a bride used her sorority's flower and colors to make the centerpiece for the table she sat her sorority sisters at. Subtle enough to not be noticeable/exclusive to other guests, but still meaningful.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Okay, that's a cute touch.  I usually hate sorority stuff at weddings, but I love that idea. Most other guests wouldn't even know that they are the sorority color/flower.</div>
  • I like the flower idea!

Anniversary
  • eke07eke07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    OMG I love the flower idea! That's such a cute idea to sneak them into their centerpiece. I read about another bride who had their flower on each of their chairs, but agree with the other ladies that that might make some guests feel less-than.

Why don't you have a candlelight during the reception? In my chapter a sister or bridesmaid prints out the sweetheart song in the wedding colors or the sorority colors, then we do a traditional candle pass. I'm so excited to do this, I was DYING for a candlelighting when we were in school and even FI is so excited that we finally get one lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards