Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Meet and Greet / researsal dinner recs?

Hey! Got some great news from the fil's They've offered to pay for the M&G. It's not something I was worried about just yet, but still, nice to know it'll be covered :)

I want something casual, maybe drinks and heavy apps, maybe a super relaxed dining expereince too. Where did you guys ( or where are you planning to) have the M&G, rehearsal dinner? TIA!

Re: Meet and Greet / researsal dinner recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Khahunaville at TI is casual, inexpensive, and the food and drinks are great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having a rehersal dinner with our families, bridal party and their SO at Cafe Lago at Caesars after our rehersal. Then we are meeting all our guests down at Planet Hollywood for a Double Decker Bus Tour M&G. We will be doing a 2 hour strip tour with a stop at the welcome to Las Vegas Sign for pictures.

I was looking at doing a heavy app dinner but it was going to be just as expensive as the reception...and the bus is $135/hour with a 2 hour min. Plus I figured it would be a great opportunity for first timers to see the strip with all the lights, take pictures and mingle.

Even our reception is going to be kinda laid back....i wanted everything very chill...not so "formal" so the bus works out great for us. Judy was also great to work with and the guests that know about it are super excited.

HTH!
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are planning to do our Meet & Greet in a suite somewhere (either Mandalay Bay, Caesars or Planet Hollywood probably) with catered apps by Masterpiece Catering.  A lot of brides on the board use them for their in-suite celebrations and they're pretty highly recommended.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Yolos in Planet Hollywood. Menus start from $25/head plus tax and gratuity: http://www.arkvegas.com/restaurants_yolos.htm

You have to pay 25% of the total estimated bill in order to make a group booking (and can only do this within 3 months of your event). It looks quite lively inside, I love the decor, and the food has got really good reviews. And it has a margarita fountain!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Yolos - it was great! Casual, fun, and the food was fantastic. They blocked off a section in the back for us and it was perfect. Highly recommend them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Kahunaville. We wanted something really casual and fun. They have really cool presentation fo their food and the drinks are good. They also do bartending competitions I'm the evenings so it's a great atmosphere.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our's in-suite at Mandalay Bay and using Masterpeice Cuisine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing La Salsa, margaritas and tacos for our meet and greet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Aeboyde - What is the pricing like at La Salsa, how is the food?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mix at The Hotel at Mandalay is a great option. Pricier but its got a view of the entire strip. Great way to introduce everyone to vegas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Mix early in the evening (5-7pm).  Since everyone paid for their own drinks (not everyone in our party drank)  we picked up the appetizers.  Surprisingly not many people were interested in eating - they were too busy actually meeting & greeting!  LOL 

Alot of our group mentioned thay liked Red White Blue (at Mandalay Bay) for a casual bite. Also, Border Grill was a popular choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did mine at Bahama Breeze and had a strip tour on the dd bus beforehand. They also picked us up afterwards. It was awesome and I would recommend both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    702Bride2Be702Bride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Beso they have great apps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards