Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

processional song?

I'm all for tridition and what not, I'm not even allowing my Fiance to see me until I walk down the isle the day of but I don't know if I want 'here comes the bride' to be played as I walk down the isle. I'll be walking and my eye will be twitching because I find it more boring than pretty as of recent.

Any suggestions for a good instramental alternative and a link to listen to it?

Re: processional song?

• If you search "triumphal march Aida" on YouTube there are many variations from piano, to organ, to horns only.
    It is the wedding march music from the opera Aida
  • im using  the piano/cello version of A thousand years by christina perri  

• My BM's processed to Rhosymedre by Ralph Vaughan Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9wDJP3cefk

and I walked to "Yellow" by Vitamin String Quartet. I don't like a lot of their versions of stuff but I love this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkilJbXdpqE

Good luck!
    June 16, 2012
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re:processional song?:If you search "triumphal march Aida" on YouTube there are many variations from piano, to organ, to horns only.It is the wedding march music from the opera Aida Posted by IamTheMommaOfTheBride This is a beautiful song, and one I would consider using, but if symbolism is important to you, know that it is not a wedding march, it is the march played when Radames returns to Egypt triumphant after having conquered and enslaved Aida and her people. Also, if you're looking for pretty much the second most traditional thing that isn't the Wedding March, it's Pachabel's Canon in D.
  • I used Trumpet Voluntary.
    Anniversary
  • I was just researching this today! I found this link to be very helpful: http://sfstrings.com/repertoirewedding.htm. It has many songs (with samples) you can use for the processional, recessional, and "special moments" during your ceremony. Definitely woth checking out. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • I really pretty song as well is the Bridal Chorus- by Jonathan Cain from Journey. It's a take on the bridal here come's the bride song but SO pretty!! I don't have the link coz Youtube is blocked- but check it out!

My girls will be walking to Canon in D in classical guitar, and I'll be walking to a classical guitar version of Once Upon A Dream (from Sleeping Beauty).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went traditional for the processional (less traditional during the service and for the recessional) and used Laudate Dominum and Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring.  There are plenty of different instrumental versions of them.
  • WP is processing in during Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

I am entering to Rainbow Connection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards