Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bella Luna vs. The Roman

We can't pull the trigger on this! I'm hoping to put either a deposit or the full for the Bella Luna down later this week. How did you decide which package?

Better to pay the outside vendor fee and get flowers other than what comes in the roman package? I'm not sure 6 roses is going to cut it..I do plan on making the guys' bouts however. No attendants but definitely planning on corsages for the moms.

DVD of the wedding..necessary? I feel like I'd want it.. but I don't think its worth $450 more for a DVD...what is the DVD a la carte?

I don't think we'll stay at Caesars the whole time we are there, so the one night of accommodations might be more of a pain - moving here, moving there.

We are obviously a budget wedding - of sorts. How did you figure what was the better package?

Re: Bella Luna vs. The Roman

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the Bella Luna.

I am making all my bouts, my bouquet, and my bm's hairpieces (no bm bouquets).

I've seen the dvds of weddings and they are such poor quality, and if we buy it, it will still be considerably less than the Roman.

I also don't care to stay at CP, because I would rather stay at MB where all of our nightime activities are (House of Blues reception and a Vista Suite M&G). But even if we did it would still be cheaper than the roman.

If I were you I would go with the Bella Luna, because you can always add to it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And by 'making' them I mean I ordered them on etsy ;)

And you don't have to pay an outside vendor fee for silk flowers... since I have a winter wedding freal flowers are not important to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

what seller are you using for your silk flowers? I'd love to see!

Thanks for your input! I've been leaning towards Bella Luna but wanted to see what others had to say about their decision!

Does anyone know what just the DVD would be?

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The DVD is either $150 or $250
    I can't remember for sure, but I looked and I couldn't find the emnail where it says that.
    I think it's on the website, though. Under weddings upgrades or something like that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so pretty! I love how the colors pop!

I just found it on www.cpweddingphoto.com...the video is $250, hmm...things to think about!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the Bella Luna would be your best bet. It's the one I chose. You can always add on. And it feels good to know you got the initial payment out of the way. Only thing about the Bella Luna is you only get one attendant on each side. And it costs extra to have more than that. For me, I'm only having a maid of honor and a best man, so it worked out for me.

I've seen vids on youtube and they are pretty crappy. I'm having someone record ours and am making my own flowers as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with the Bella Luna and just added the DVD. Also, I had two attendants and they didn't charge me. They knew I had two because I ordered three bouquetss. Guess they aren't that strict on that.
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with the Bella Luna package because I am using an outside vendor for flowers, we are staying at Wynn and only having 1 attendant each.  It's $850 difference so even if we bought the DVD that means we save $600. 

Does anyone know what the oustide vendor fee is?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_bella-luna-vs-roman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bc34cc9e-5da9-4387-b389-f3903611a813Post:34aa186f-065c-425a-bd90-28a018e60e14">Re: Bella Luna vs. The Roman</a>:
    [QUOTE] Does anyone know what the oustide vendor fee is?
    Posted by davidsbride21[/QUOTE]

$200

I love our dvd, but if it's not super important to you, you could skip it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We had a hard time choosing between the Roman or the Cleopatra.  My decision was based on the the fact that we had more in our WP and FH liked the Cleopatra package.

If you are going to make your flowers or get them from etsy, not a big deal. If the dvd isn't a big deal then go with the Bella Luna.

Sounds like in your situation some of the added extras that come with the higher package aren't needed and even paying the outside vendor fee and adding the dvd you would still come out cheaper with the Bella Luna package.

@CamilleJon - your bouquet is gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bella Luna isn't always available on weekends.  We're getting married on Saturday and the Roman was the only option we had.

The DVD was super important to me!  More so than photos!  I would pretty much spend whatever on it and I would not get married at a chapel that didn't offer it.  I know that sounds silly to some people but I want a video of  our ceremony to watch on our anniversary and share with our friends & family that can't attend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_bella-luna-vs-roman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bc34cc9e-5da9-4387-b389-f3903611a813Post:57b2c987-406c-4ac5-9b1f-977e39e16cdd">Re: Bella Luna vs. The Roman</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Bella Luna isn't always available on weekends</strong>.  We're getting married on Saturday and the Roman was the only option we had. The DVD was super important to me!  More so than photos!  I would pretty much spend whatever on it and I would not get married at a chapel that didn't offer it.  I know that sounds silly to some people but I want a video of  our ceremony to watch on our anniversary and share with our friends & family that can't attend.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

This is so true! I had to ask for it because on the website it stated that it wasn't available on Saturdays.

I agree with aegrish about the video. I will buy it, even though I hate to pay $250 for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I think we have pretty much decided Bella Luna - our wedding will be a thursday and its good to know we can just buy the DVD extra. Does anyone know if you can buy it after you see it? Or do you have to pay upfront? I think we'd get it either way.. but.. it'd be nice to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards