Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cake in Vegas???

Hi Ladies!

Does anyone have recomendations for a good tasting cake in las vegas? I wan't it for my reception, its going to be for 15 people and I really just want it to taste good, and looking good is a plus :) Oh and hopefully that they can deliver

Re: Cake in Vegas???

• Options
    ArcelybArcelyb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Athena,
    We have Cravin Cake Bakery doing our cake.  They were included w/ our package at Canyon Gate.  We actually had our cake tasting yesterday, and it was so good!!  She had the 4 flavors (red velvet, mocha, chocolate and vanilla) we wanted in a cupcake, and we tasted them along w/ the individual packaged frosting.  The cake itself was so good, that it didn't even need any sugar or frosting.  The only thing is, I'm not quite sure how much their cake cost, as I mentioned it was included w/ our package.  Brittney, the owner was so nice and personable.  She was able to work w/ the design we wanted.  Hope that helps!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They even have a website i'll be checking that out, thank you!
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Las Vegas Custom Cakes, prices are great, cake tasted fanstastic and it looked amazing! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cake-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c169e7a9-8897-4cef-a099-9620784143e9Post:f144bdee-b962-4118-8791-fee79941edfe">Re: Cake in Vegas???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Las Vegas Custom Cakes, prices are great, cake tasted fanstastic and it looked amazing! 
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

We used them as well. We got so many complements on our cake. And we ate leftover cake for a week after the wedding, it was still good. And I'm sad it's gone :(
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding cake was done by the GN but our Groom's cake came from Albertsons and everyone said it was the best red velvet they'd had.  And the frosting was good too!
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a LVCC bride. I've never tasted cake so good!
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did tastings at Caked Las Vegas and Freeds. I have to say Caked Las Vegas blew Freeds out of the water with taste. It was amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Creations.  The cake tasted okay but I really loved the ladie's attitude. She was so sweet!  I'm excited to see the final outcome.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did our tasting at Freed's last weekend... the almond cake was delish! Red velvet was so-so, but the chocolate and almond were tasty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Freeds; taste-wise, it was fantastic, but communicating with them is kind of a nightmare so unless your venue has some kind of deal with them, which many do, may be better off to avoid.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    themrsJRDthemrsJRD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used Cake Designs Las Vegas. They also have a website. They had the best price & Dawn was awesome to work with. It was the best cake I've ever had!! Last Thursday was when the last of it was eaten, a full 14 days after the wedding, and it was still good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Marie's Gourmet Bakery. They have so many flavors and designs to choose from. Love them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Tiers of Joy. Kathy is super great to work with and prices are awesome too! Here's a link to their flavors... http://www.tiersofjoylv.com/wine.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Freed's Bakery is the place to go in Vegas for great tasting and creative cake!
    www.freeds>bakery.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you, everyone for the help!!! I went with Cravin Cake Bakery everything was basically booked for the day 11.11.11. But I really did like it, It was a beautiful cake and really tasty. Plus i'm glad they were able to do it on such short notice. Overall very pleased!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So pleased to hear LVCC tastes good!  Their designs are gorgeous, but I was worried it'd be less than stellar.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards