Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

cutting off the train for vegas

so a few weeks ago i spoke about cutting off my train...it really is beautiful ..but its just to heavy...  well today is the day...so here is the before pic as we get started.... dont mind the sloppyness of my appearence in the pics... just woke up lol.  cant wait to see the finished product!!!

as shes cutting.....
  pins all over hope i can get out of this thing..

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cutting off the train for vegas

• Options
    I plan on doing the same.  I just don't think it makes sense in Vegas, and I don't get a bustle?!  How much to hack the train?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm very short 5'0ft so it may be more for me. But my dress has 5 layers under .. So hemming all the way around + cutting off train =280 + the gel cups sewen in$10.00... I was nervous but now I'm way excited !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    woot woot congrats i wanna see picts after and im under 5 so i need a petite gown :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cutting-off-the-train-for-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c21e3a9a-1e24-4f83-9723-79eb3dd88b74Post:df2551eb-3392-4968-b10c-e020a510d8c0">Re: cutting off the train for vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]woot woot congrats i wanna see picts after and im under 5 so i need a petite gown :)
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

That's the crappy part not all designers offer petite lines... :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ^ My dress is NOT made in petite but I still had it altered and it's perfect for my 4'11" height lol. If my dress can be taken up, I'm pretty sure any dress can.

That is one long train though! Can't wait to see how it turns out afterwards.
  • Options
    oooo i know i tried on a dress and i felt like what my grannies tissue cover.  you know big ballgown and just a head i laughed so hard.  so ball gowns out for me lol i just dont wanna do a lot of alterations.  but i havent gone on path of looking tho. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cutting-off-the-train-for-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c21e3a9a-1e24-4f83-9723-79eb3dd88b74Post:9652429d-114c-4d38-8630-a0cbb7f5bec2">Re: cutting off the train for vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]^ My dress is NOT made in petite but I still had it altered and it's perfect for my 4'11" height lol. If my dress can be taken up, I'm pretty sure any dress can. That is one long train though! Can't wait to see how it turns out afterwards.
    Posted by petitmonstree[/QUOTE]

Yup I agree you find a great seamstress and its perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cutting-off-the-train-for-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c21e3a9a-1e24-4f83-9723-79eb3dd88b74Post:3bbe702f-dcf4-46c3-8623-8ce713ffe64b">Re: cutting off the train for vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]oooo i know i tried on a dress and i felt like what my grannies tissue cover.  you know big ballgown and just a head i laughed so hard.  so ball gowns out for me lol i just dont wanna do a lot of alterations.  but i havent gone on path of looking tho. :)

I agree it sucks cause its a guarantee if your short you'll be spending $ in alterations even if its a perfect fit everywhere else. .. Lol agreed no ball gowns our little bodies get lost!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yep lol i have no clue cause i was told im a white chick with black girl booty lol im curvy. hourglass shape
  • Options
    Southern...lol.. ur a mess... I'm 5'3 1/2.. normally I'm short.. but not with u guys..lol... but I got really Lucky... my dress first of all found me... and with my shoes....i dont have to get my dress hemmed at all... And after the wedding i will change those shoes... i will get a bustle and if it drags..lol...it drags...i think i wanna trash my dress afterwards...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cutting-off-the-train-for-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c21e3a9a-1e24-4f83-9723-79eb3dd88b74Post:3b9d4107-57b0-444d-b653-c35303381b84">Re: cutting off the train for vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]yep lol i have no clue cause i was told im a white chick with black girl booty lol im curvy. hourglass shape

Can't wait to see pics of you in your dress lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i know im a mess lol im short i figured if man carries me everywhere i wont drag dress lol
  • Options
    Actually there was a girl about my height when I went to DB and she tried on one of the Vera Wang dresses that's like a ball gown and it actaully looked really good on her surprsingly. It was the one with the tulle skirt and the sweetheart neckline. But yeah I know what you mean, I don't think I ever considered a ball gown because of that exact reason. I'd probably feel like the dress was eating me or something haha!
  • Options
    i dont wanna be eaten by a dress lol actually the FI liked one on last nights episode of SYTTD.  the 3rd dress that the person with breast cancer tried we both loved the material and top but felt too busy on bottom lol
  • Options
    I am 5'2" and had to have 6" cut off the bottom of my dress.  My dress had straps and I had to have 2" cut off the straps.  I could have hooked them over my ears almost.  

I didn't have any other alterations done.
  • Options
    That dress is gorgeous! I resigned myself to a short dress for my Vegas wedding this spring but fell in love with a full length chiffon gown. Fingers crossed for that one. Good luck with your dress! =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards