Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Staying in you In-suite reception suite?...

For those brides having an in-suite reception, are you staying in that suite for your enitre stay??? I am planning my wedding at the MGM and they told me I had to check in to the suite that my reception would be in atleast the day before. This means I have to pay for this very expensive room for 2-3 nights, or have it in a smaller suite and be very cramped.
I called TI since I saw some great reviews on them and they didn't know much about in-suite receptions and usually hold big suites for "high rollers" and even then they are only approved for a capacity of 20 people!

I am so stressed about this now, anyone have any insight or advice?

Re: Staying in you In-suite reception suite?...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We only had the Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay for the night of the wedding reception, we did not get the key until 2:30pm that day thou!.....But we did not want to pay for an extra night and it all worked out.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having an in-suite reception in the Panorama Suite and Planet Hollywood and are only staying there the night of the wedding. We can't afford to stay there every night, so we are just crossing our fingers that we will get the key early!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be in Vegas Wed- Sun for our Saturday wedding. We have 1 room at MB for Wed & Thurs night then we change to the Vista suite for Friday & Saturday (wedding) night. Sunday we switch to MGM bc we got a great deal & that's where my in-laws will be.

It was piece of mind for me to have the suite the day before in order to get settled & and I didn't want to be changing hotel rooms the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    stinkerbell - what room did you get? How many guests? and was it a hassle changing rooms the day of the wedding?
    I'm thinking we will not change rooms, but rent that as an additional room and let people who need a place to get ready use our regular room, it will only cost like $80 to keep the room the entire 3 days
    example:
    Stay in regular room with king size bed Sat - Mon
    Have reception in large suite Sunday night
    ...then I'm only paying for the additional room for one night...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NM Stinkerbell - I see you had the vista suite-Wow that is huge!!! and it says it starts at $400!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep! We had almost 50 in there and it was not to bad and when we checked in we asked to already be on the floor of the Vista Suite that was reserved, which helped with the move,  also we threw the "wedding" word around A LOT when we checked in, and the guy's valet the car when they went to get the alcohol and had them help to move the stuff up. Also with tax, etc. we paid about $550. HTH :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we will be staying the whole time in the Vista Suite and we are holding our reception there.  With all the people that we are traving with I didn't want to hae to switch rooms.  Also after some math I found that having a room for me and the FI as well as booking the Vista suite for the reception there was a slight difference between that and staying there the whole weekend.   So Vista suite here we come!

Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The first night in vegas we r stayin at nyny- fi's request, but the rest of the night we will be in our mgm suite. I did look into the terrace suite, but was told that we would need to book a minimum of 2 nights. Instead we went with a smaller mgm suite
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole- Where is your ceremony at? MGM didn't make you get the suite the day before your reception? Are you having it catered by MGM?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony is gonna be in the mgm's legacy chapel. I am not sure if mgm would have required me to be in the suite the day before, because for us, we already are checking in the day before and staying for 3 days there, but not because they required it, but because we wanted to. I am not having mgm cater my reception. They are quite expensive with sooo many extra added on fees. Like 500 for security deposit, up to 300 for set up fee, plus we would have to pay 20% gratuity, as well as the cost to rent their catering equipment, and for the use of their servers to serve the food! So no, they will most definately not be catering it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was kind of panicking over this a lil bit but I think it will turn out ok. My sisters and I are staying in a 1500x3 room the night before the wedding, then switching to the Vista the day of. I was concerned because my hair n make-up apt starts at 1pm and the check in time for the Vista is at 3pm...but James (thank God) assured me that it would be ok to switch rooms with us, as long as it was in the same hotel. Im going to have to have a pretty detailed timeline for the day of so that my mohs/sisters can help me get everything set up.
    The main reasons we didn't book the room for the night before as well were
    1. i didn't want to stay with the Fi the night before the wedding and
    2 it was much too expensive too book that room for us to just sleep in.

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pink - Glamsqaud was great about moving rooms with us :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married at the bellagio and unless we hit the lottery we can't possibly afford to stay in the suite our entire time in vegas.  we will be staying in a standard room for 2 nights and then the suite for 2 nights.  although, i'm seriously considering staying in the suite the night before...i really want to see the room and space prior to the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I think I figured it out. We will get a regular room for Sat - Mon (wedding is on Sunday) and get the big suite for the night of the wedding. Me and my girls will get ready in the suite and the men can get ready in the regular room. This way we don't need to move rooms :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards