Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Ceremony Venue that you can use an outside florist?

We originally booked the Flamingo, but have decided to try to find another venue.  We will lose part of our deposit, $230, so we need to take that into consideration in the cost of the new venue.

The new place needs to let you use an outside florist and the price range we are looking for is $700 and under for a basic package, that let's you use your own CDs for music as well.  Minimum package is fine for photos too.

Right now we are considering Little Chapel of Flowers, and possibly Little Church of the West (still waiting to hear back if they allow an outside florist though.)

Any other places on the strip or very close to the strip for around that price, and that is not cheesy?  TIA!

Re: Ceremony Venue that you can use an outside florist?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Vegas Weddings Chapel. (702wedding.com)

They are a chapel off the strip. Their chapel is not cheesy looking at all. We booked the inspire package for roughly 400 dollars. They allow outside florists with a 50 dollar fee. I am going to pay the money because I plan on making all of my bouqets.

Details about the chapel and the package we selected are in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ricekim - Thanks, I'll check that one out too!
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am almost positive that the Little Chapel of Flowers does allow outside flowers. That is where we are most likely going to be married. Did you visit the chapel? Or The Little Chapel of the West? We were cosidering that one but thought The Little Chapel of Flowers looked a litte nicer... but I have not seen either in person. We will be scouting in February but I want to book now! I'd be interested to hear your opinions of both places. :)
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The COF definitely allows outside flowers, however you forfeit all floral inclusions in your package and are not allowed to redeem or swap them for anything else.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ErinKay - No I didn't see either of those chapels when I was there.  I wasn't expecting to need a new ceremony venue, and was just concentrating on everything else.  They do both get great reviews though, so far the pros and cons to me are the West Chapel is in a better location and a better location for us as we are having the reception at MB, but the chapel definitely has an older syle and I'm not sure on the florists yet.  COF seems more modern, you can use your own florist, and I really like the La Capella Chapel, but the location is a tad seedy and on the other side of the strip from us.  Can't wait to here your reviews though!

@Gribbles - Yep that's what I took from it to, which is totally fine by me, since we'd be covered with our outside florist I'd have no need for any flowers with them.  I can't wait to hear your reviews/see your wedding!:)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Sara- I know! I am torn! I am also having my reception at MB but thought it would be fun to do a strip tour by party bus or double decker (depending on the guest list size) so I guess I don't really care about where the chapel is... so hard to decide! I am also from MInneapolis and will be having a large family reception there this summer :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Erin - Just got a response back from the West Chapel, they do allow outside florists.  And the price is basically the same as COF, like almost exactly the same.  Grr Idk now I'm torn once again.  We also have a pretty big wedding party, 6 on each side, and the West looks bigger than the COF one, but again I like the look of the chapel at COF better I think.  Have you watched any of the live ceremonies at both??  I watched a few at COF and liked how they all flowed, and just the sample one at the West, I didn't really like how music was playing the whole time during it, but I'm sure we could say we don't want that....ugh idk idk.

Nice on MN, where abouts are you from?  Where's the reception? How fun!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ceremony-venue-can-use-outside-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce309552-157d-4513-9f4f-0aaa5d847d47Post:6ef088da-4080-4fd6-8530-b1de681e8018">Re: Ceremony Venue that you can use an outside florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE] @Gribbles - Yep that's what I took from it to, which is totally fine by me, since we'd be covered with our outside florist I'd have no need for any flowers with them.  I can't wait to hear your reviews/see your wedding!:)
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

Aw, thanks! Which chapel are you hoping to have at COF? We are in the Glass Gardens, and I am a little concerned about the parking lot and used car shop in the background, but hey - its only a 12-minute ceremony and people will be facing away from it, so I will just have to suck it up. We have the Victoria Chapel reserved as a back up, so if I get there for our chapel visit the day before and hate it, I can change my mind.

How come you don't want to use their floral department?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@Gribbles - I really like the La Capella chapel, I like the brick and just the look of it in general, plus it's bigger than the other indoor chapels, we'll be having about 50 guests and a big wedding party.  Do you have any other pictures of the Glass Gardens other than the two that are online?  I'd actually prefer outside too but only saw the two pics so didn't really look into it.  I think it would be fine since guests backs are to the unsitely stuff, and you're right it's not long, and everyone will be looking at you guys!:)

Flowers - Well after I got a quote from MB compared to The Pallette, they was sooo much of a difference i'm just assuming all the florists at the venues will be the same.  The quote for MB was $2,300 whereas the Pallette was $700 total.  We are using more expensive flowers which I'm sure they'd upcharge the hell out of usually.  So idk,  I could get a quote from COF, but guessing it will be more than Pallette, and I think I'm  just for more comfortable with Pam as the flowers are kinda important to me and the whole look...

What flowers are you guys going with?

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We went for the Luxurious package and upgraded pretty much everything, and I was pleasantly surprised at the costs. The flowers are really important to me as well, and some of the bouquets on their website are a bit twee and old-fashioned, but how wrong can they go with strict instructions of bright pink roses, no greenery! They have been able to do everything I wanted, so it is worth getting a quote from them too, I would say!

Here are some more photos of the Glass Gardens (first pic is the beautiful wrought iron doors which they close after the bride enters, blocking some of the eyesore behind out!) --

In the whole time I have been on these boards not one bride has gone for the Glass Garden option which makes me anxious! But I think it will look pretty at sunset, and we are having very thick layers of pink and orange rose petals lining the aisle.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Gribbles - That does look beautiful!!!  Can you do the live webcasting out there?  I'm not finding it on the site.

I think I will get a quote, thanks for all the info!  I just figured all places would up-charge it too much due to the type of flowers.  But you never know!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they do the live broadcast out there and recording to DVD. On the lists of recorded weddings they enter the chapel as 'Victoria' or 'Magnolia' - using the name of the back-up chapel. It means you need to hunt high and low through random weddings to find the odd one here and there, unfortunately!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Sara- I have not watched any ceremonies at the Little Chapel of the West... however we are kind of leaning towards COF now since my Jewish FI's mother is concerned with the crosses and "church-like" feel of the West... which is so not something either of us care about.. UGH!
    I guess that may make my decision making easier.
    My parents are throwing the reception in MN at with the Summit Manor on Summit Ave in St. Paul or at Saffron Restaurant in the North Loop DT MPLS. I am not planning that event since I now live in Phoenix :)
    Will you have a reception back home?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Little Church of the west, the location is great and the grounds are very nice.

Sarah, you might want to ask but from what I understood, you cannot have a wedding party unless it is included in your package. I am getting the $995 option- and I think it come with one on each side.. But you could probably ask, Stacy was really great on getting back to me, though when I booked I got switched to Stella as my WC. I met her in person and she was really great too.

Also, I dont know what the reasoning is for outside flowers, but when I went there I saw some bouquets that they had and they were sooo pretty, much prettier than I expected, and she said those were just the standard flowers.
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just throwing this out there - Flamingo does have an indoor chapel (in case you want to keep the location in general)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Erin - Makes sense on the Jewish part of it, but I hear you on the differing of wants from your family, feel like you have to please everyone which is hard sometimes! I would definitely recommend watching some live videos, even go on Youtube.  I checked out some more of the Little Chapel of the West and we're definitely liking COF more now.  I think I'm going to book tomorrow actually.  Nice on Summit Manor, that's a really nice venue and Saffron is supossed to be a fantastic resturant, if you are a foodie it's definitely a good one from what I hear (I need to get myself there!)  That'll be fun though at either location, I didn't even know Saffron does weddings!  No we're not having an at home reception, we didn't want to do the big party back home and so that's why we're going to Vegas:)  Plus we hope to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon which isn't cheap!   Good luck on your choice, let me know what you pick!

Thanks for the advice on the flowers, I am waiting on quotes from both vendors so we'll see how they compare.  I also checked about the Flamingo Chapel, good to know, and waiting on more pics!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Sara- Did you book?!
    We book COF this weekend. I feel really good about it!
    I am also just kind of sick of looking at stuff!
    COF ensured me that they would alter the wedding to whatever we choose- they will add or take away whatever we would like!
    I also did not really want a reception back home but my family is huge and many will not make it to Vegas (I've gotten lots of slack for that). So my mom insisted. I told her that was her party then- not mine to plan :)
    Saffron is awesome! They typically do not do weddings but my parents are partial owners and we are close friends with the family so they have agreed to do a Sunday reception if we choose. Like I said, mom's party so she can pick!
    Let me know if you book! I'm excited for you! You are using the Vista too, right??
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Erin!  Congrats on your booking!  I totally hear you on the sick of looking part.  I'm totally into the planning of everything (I've looked into getting into wedding planning a long time ago), but certain things come to a point where you just want it over and done with!

Well after some thinking of what kind of wedding we really want, I decided to look up venues that would be similar to at home, like maybe a community center had outdoor areas etc., then I thought about golf courses so started emailing and calling them.  So yeah now that's the direction we are going in.  I've so far gotten a quote from one for $700 and one for $500, which aren't that bad actually! 

Congrats again on COF though, what chapel are you using again?  Sure nice to have it booked I bet!  We are actually using the L Suite at TheHotel at MB for the in-suite. When I was there I pretty much fell in love with it.  The Vista has an AMAZING view though, and the front desk people were very accomodating which is nice.  How many people are you guys having?

Umm jealous on Saffron, and how cool though.  I've been dying to also check out 112 Eatery too which I know either has the same owners or chefs.  My office moved downtown now, so why on earth I haven't been there yet is beyond me!

Oh and I say let your mom plan away, I'd take that second party in a heartbeat:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards