Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Instead of welcome bags what about favor bags?

since our wedding is Friday night I thought that maybe we would do favor bags? Do you think this is to "birthday partyish" or will it work? I thought of putting water mini alcohol bottles maybe cake pops a wine stopper? Stuff like that? What do you all think?

Re: Instead of welcome bags what about favor bags?

• Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake pops would be AWESOME!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I quite like that idea, not birthday partyish at all especially if you're putting booze in there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree ^^^ :)
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is but those bottles can add up. I bought nice vodka bottles for my BMs and they were $6 each. Granted, it was high end but even if you pick up a $3 bottle and need 100 of them, that's $300 on something that may not get drunk. I think the cake pops alone would be a great favor.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only complaint I would have is having to drag a bag around with me for the rest of the night. I would want to either drop it off at my room or I'd leave it/consume it before I left the reception. I generally carry a small wristlet with me to weddings, it only has room for my cell phone or camera, ID, money, and maybe lipgloss and oil botting papers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

K.I.S. keep it simple...like i have been saying to myself....

Personally, i say SWEETS, Somehting guests can save for later, keep in purse or just leave at reception... you know there is always someone who will take what others leave... especially if its yummy... and Sweets are usually cheaper and you can easily pack or buy in Vegas... depending on type ;)

Now i am doing something i know most eveyone likes SWEETS!
    I am doing a Godiva box w/ 2 chocolate for $4 per person.
    Mine is a little expensive, but you can find Sweets at every price range.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is true. I guess some People won't be wearing a big white dress and need to change before going Out! Lol. I am not worried about the $ part since my soon to be mil is willing to spend whatever. I also saw someone did candy apples but I can't remember where she said she got them from! I am having such a hard time deciding on a favor! I want to do something nice since people are coming from. So far.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would rather you serve an additional course, upgrade the open bar to premium, have an additional plate choice at dinner or a champagne toast in lieu of favors. We had little tiny bags with m&ms and GN dice. Even though they were sweets some people left them behind. Our investment was low so I wasn't too upset ($3 PP) but I would have felt better had no candy been left behind.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 2 edible favors, info in bio. The pretzel is $1.50 and the cookie is $1 each
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did hangover kits and they were super cute-

We ordered everything from Amazon and the liquor store. Our kits included-
    Bloody Mary's-4 or 6 oz can of V8, mini tabasco and a mini vodka
    Irish coffe- Instant coffee ( Starbucks VIA), irish cream coffee mate, mini bailies
    Pepto individuals chewable and advil packs.

We packaged them in bags that matched our colors and sealed them with little stickers that had out names on them. They were more work than some favors, but people really loved them! The left overs were "taken care of" the next day in our suite.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_instead-of-welcome-bags-favor-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce9e452d-4919-4bb3-b4c6-9052cc9a6fb5Post:d7c315a9-0326-45b8-9900-a332b2f3ecdd">Re: Instead of welcome bags what about favor bags?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what your budget is but those bottles can add up. I bought nice vodka bottles for my BMs and they were $6 each. Granted, it was high end but even if you pick up a $3 bottle and need 100 of them, that's $300 on something that may not get drunk. I think the cake pops alone would be a great favor.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    This is definately something to consider. These aren;t the least expensive favors. We got our mini vodka on sale for a dollar a pop, and we bought 50. The Baily's was 12 bucks for a 4 pack so 3 bucks and that was bulk discounted. Ask you local liquor store about sales and bulk rates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards