North Carolina

Engagement Pictures!

When is a good time to get engagement pictures done? Should you get them after you get engaged or closer to the wedding? Also, Who are some good photographers that we can use? Thanks !

Re: Engagement Pictures!

• Hey there! I would say do it as soon as you can, get it booked as soon as you can so your photographer will be able to have them to you for your newspaper announcement or for any announcements you may want to send out! Plus, this will give you the chance to get to know the photographer to see if you would like to use them as your wedding photographer!

P.S. I'm Heather with Revival Photography in NC, we would love it if you would check out our website at www.revivalphotography.com and let us know if you would be interested in us being your photographer! *grin* :)

Heather
  • We just had our friend take some pictures of us in a nearby park during a month that we liked (during fall) because we wanted some of the leaf colors. We were engaged in June and married the following Feb. I dont know if there is an exact time when you should take them. I think it's all personal preference. Some people don't even take them at all.

I wouldn't even really call our engagement pictures, engagement pictures. I think they're just simple pictures of DH and I having fun. We used the pictures in our 'guest book' as well as some pictures DH's dad took of us during a family outing in the mountains.

I wish I could recommend a photographer, but I can't. If no one else recommends any (Im sure someone will). One option though is to check your local colleges for the Arts department and see if there are any photography students looking to build their portfolio, especially if you're working on a budget or something.

Good luck! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did our engagement pictures locally, pretty soon after we got engaged, and I love them.  But that's because in the three years H and I have been together, we really never took ANY pictures.  I highly recommend Red K Photography.  Kelli was absolutely amazing to work with and I can't say enough good things about her.  We had our wedding pictures when we came back from the honeymoon!
  • We used J Obrien Photography for photos last year.

I can't link to FB here, but you can PM me and I'll share a link when I get home from work. I was very happy with the photographer.
  • LindseyK photography in Charlotte. www.LindseyKphotography.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards