Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Getting My Dress Steamed....?

How are you going about steaming your dress?  I have a small handheld steamer I could pack but it's so small that it would take forever (Go Mini Steamer)....do the hotel chapels provide this service (we're at Planet Hollywood) or is there a dry cleaner near the strip I could bring it to?  I was thinking I might just buy a real steamer while I'm out there and just ship it home when I'm done....I've been wanting a good one anyway.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
Reception: Margaritaville
May 26, 2013

Re: Getting My Dress Steamed....?

• Options
    Many brides are using Deb at Fit For A Bride

http://www.fitforabride.net/
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • Options
    Seems mostly all the brides use Fit for a Bride to steam their dress. You could drop it off and they deliver it back to you at your hotel or I believe they will even pick it up from you if you can drop it off as well. Some have even shipped their dresses to them so it's ready when they arrive in Vegas!
  • Options
    I got a tip from the lady at David's Bridal. She said some hotels have steamer you can borrow. You should call the front desk. I called Flamingo where we are going to stay but they don't have any. The other tip is about using steam from the hotel iron.

My mom got me a handheld steamer for my shower and I'm also planning to use the steam from the iron if that's not enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used I & A Formalwear just off the strip on the Orleans side of the highway.  They were $50 and had it done in 2 hours the Friday before the wedding.

"

I liked Debi on the phone but didn't agree with her prices, but she would be good if you just want to send it and forget it until they drop it back off.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_getting-my-dress-steamed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d1833f57-1ad5-474e-97d6-dda1bac40ec9Post:a2434ed5-77c8-4e5b-a223-66713747304c">Re: Getting My Dress Steamed....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a tip from the lady at David's Bridal. She said some hotels have steamer you can borrow. You should call the front desk. I called Flamingo where we are going to stay but they don't have any. The other tip is about using steam from the hotel iron. My mom got me a handheld steamer for my shower and I'm also planning to use the steam from the iron if that's not enough.
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]<div>do you plan to steam it before your trip in addition to the touch ups? because if you do a trial run with your personal steamer you can time it. you may not have time or patience to do this with everything else going on. if you can i agree with everyone an drop it off at that shop

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mbenoit03,

I already got my dress cleaned and steamed. Luckily the fabric of my dress doesn't wrinkle that easily. My mom will spot steam it on the morning of. :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im staying at flamingo who uses a company that will pick it up and drop it off and is cheaper than debi, i think around $70
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_getting-my-dress-steamed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d1833f57-1ad5-474e-97d6-dda1bac40ec9Post:a2434ed5-77c8-4e5b-a223-66713747304c">Re: Getting My Dress Steamed....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other tip is about using steam from the hotel iron. My mom got me a handheld steamer for my shower and I'm also planning to use the steam from the iron if that's not enough.
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]

I would definitely not attempt this.  If you touch an iron that is up to steaming temp to any part of a dress it's sure to burn immediately.  You never know if you might slip, muscle spasm, accident, etc. and ruin your dress in the course of a second.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    VG, yup that's why my mom got me the handheld steamer. She said it's cheaper than sending it to a cleaner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_getting-my-dress-steamed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d1833f57-1ad5-474e-97d6-dda1bac40ec9Post:7c5ac575-cbde-4e46-80ed-48faf2c4551b">Re: Getting My Dress Steamed....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im staying at flamingo who uses a company that will pick it up and drop it off and is cheaper than debi, i think around $70
    Posted by gnc0988[/QUOTE]
    What company do they use?  I'm staying at Flamingo as well
    *and let me know how it turns out!  My dress is highly wrinkly-able organza.  Wish I had know it wrinkles just by looking at it cross-eyed, probably would have chosen a different dress! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a hand held steamer that i've used for work clothes and by end of day sometimes wrinkles come back so I would recommend getting it professionally steamed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm going with fit for a bride. The price doesn't matter to me considering all the good reviews she's gotten from other knotties. It's important to me that my dress be in good hands with someone I can trust. I do have a hand held steamer but I don't think it would work that well for a wedding dress and would probably be time consuming. I wish you luck with whatever you decide. :
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards