Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Disapointed...

Okay long story short. We were planning Vegas, but then found an awesome opportunity to get married in HI (my dream wedding). Well due to my grandmother not being able to make the flight there, we opted for a place in San Diego. Well after doing all the number crunching and their taxes being so outragous we are back to Vegas. I really have always had my heart set on a beach wedding :(

So We are now planning for March 8, 2012 Ceasers Juno Garden with the reception at Joe's. Either way it was going to be an adult only event! Party on lots of planning to do!

Re: Disapointed...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!!  I am doing Juno Garden too!  It looks amazing and can't wait to say I DO there. Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sarahtortsarahtort member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could still have a "beach" wedding in Vegas,  There are a few beaches here.

Mandalay has one I am positive.

Maybe compromise and look into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lake Las Vegas has some great options. And I love going to Lake Mead every summer to go jetskiing, you could check into their options as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah try Mandalay beach, I know that a former knottie got married there. Or if that option is too much, try the Valley of the Falls at Mandalay, that place is gorgeous!

Or a couple girls are going to use The Platinum hotel, and that has a pool-side ceremony with I believe a rooftop reception, sounds like and awesome party to me!!

There are a lot of great options is Vegas, but if I were you I would probably still plan my dream wedding in Hawaii, are you sure your grandmother will even be able to make it Vegas? I hate to be a Debbie downer I just would hate for you to have regrets.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand your disappointment. I originally planned my wedding in Hawaii because due to my being diagnosed with two chronic illnesses this ended up happening. I dreamed of a beautiful, beach wedding in sunny So Cal, where I call home, but alas it was out of our budget. So we are getting in married in Vegas and I couldn't be happier. Here is a link to the post I wrote on my blog about this same issue and my experience with it:
    http://austendarcywedding.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/journey-of-the-wedding/
    I hope this helps. Good luck with the wedding plans. Remember the most important thing on your wedding day is that your joining in a lifelong partnership, called marriage, with the love of your life.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!
    @ ahhhitsshannyn- My grandmother can do Vegas as we live in Arizona the flight is only an hour vs. 6-8 to Maui.
    @kcoleybear glad to hear things worked out for you and that you are doing better. Its never fun to have unfortunate news about health impact a happy time of your life.
  • Options
    case420case420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a Juno/Joe's Bride. Congrats!
  • Options
    kateynjoekateynjoe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Two Great Places to get married in Vegas...Well about 10 to 15 minutes from the strip in Henderson at Lake Las Vegas. Not the Ocean, but still beautiful and waterfront :)

http://lasvegaswedding4u.com/las-vegas-outdoor-weddings/grand-lakeside-weddings/

https://www.loewshotels.com/en/Lake-Las-Vegas-Resort

Hope this helps. These are the two we are deciding between for out September 2012 wedding.

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards