Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Flamingo Hotel - West Lawn

I have booked my weddingceremony here and have noticed that no-one else seems to have used it. I've never been to Vegas so have booked it based on their webpage and the videos I watched on Youtube, but I'm now worrying that there's something really wrong with it.  Can anyone tell me if there's a (bad) reason that no-one else is using it?  I'm hoping it's just that there is so much choice, but woud like to be prepared if there is something wrong with it!!
Thanks girls.
Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage

Re: Flamingo Hotel - West Lawn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you're asking this!!  I have been looking into the Flamingo and had noticed that very few brides on here use them and was also wondering why.  I've been emailing back and forth with Tina and so far she seems great!  Who are you working with??  Have you had any problems??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It'd be nice to see some more reviews of Flamingo weddings, but I don't think the Flamingo is one of the more popular choices here for Vegas knotties. I don't think it means there's anything wrong with them at all. It all boils down to personal preference and what type of wedding style you're looking for. I looked at the Flamingo when I first started researching and I do like the west lawn gazebo, it's a pretty location.  Don't let the lack of reviews or feedback discourage you  Tongue out
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get married there, but I've stayed at the Flamingo and enjoyed my stay. Also, is the west lawn the pool area? I have seen a wedding performed there. It was very green and pretty. It was very close to the pool.

If you go to the sticky at the top and look under the ceremony column, if you put that in ABC order, there are like 9-10 brides that have been married there & you can read reviews/see pictures.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The west lawn chapel is very pretty, as are the other Flamingo wedding locations.  I have pictures of the chapel and area if you'd like to see them.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Flamingo was on my list when I went out to scout wedding locations. We did a self guided tour and saw about 2 or 3 wedding areas and they were all very pretty. If I remember correctly one was near the pool, but tall trees separated the spaces. You couldn't see the pool but you could hear people at the pool. I don't thing it would be so loud that it would interfere. The only reason we removed Flamingo from our list of possible locations is because we never found the wedding office when we got there and no one would help us find it. We were so annoyed that we ended up leaving and crossing it off the list. A few days later the WC at Flamingo called and was so upset to hear that no one would point us in the right direction.

I hope this kind of helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    bjakenson - I'm working with Tina too.  She's been great and I've not had any problems so far.  The only 1 thing that niggles me is that we're getting married on a Sun and she doesn't work on Sundays.  I'll find out soon who'll be there but just want to know everything now!  Tina said that, after the booking is made, we won't really here from her now till the month running up to the wedding - so at least I know what to expect and won't be panicking that we're not being looked after.
    pebbs_17  - I would really like to see some real pictures - I'll try to PM you my email address.
    Thanks again to everyone who have replied.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the chapel by the pool area is the gazebo chapel. 
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't getting married at the Flamingo, but are staying there along with our guests.  I have been trying for months to talk to someone regarding having our meet and greet around the pool (seeing what to do to reserve chairs etc...) and have gotten nothing but the run around and been transferred to multiple people and NO ONE knows who would handle this.  Whenever I leave an email or voice mail no one ever responds.  So far I think they suck!  Hopefully, it is A LOT different having a wedding there and you won't get the same lack of response that I have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine was married at the flamingo on the west lawn a few years ago. Her picutres were beautiful. I never heard any complaints from her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be visiting the Flamingo in July for a site visit and I can report back then. I've been talking to Kris who has been really sweet and helped me book my appointment to come tour their facilities.

-- Thoughts become things, choose the good ones! --

• Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited the Flamingo on a scouting trip last December. Each space they had for ceremonies was really cute and very picturesque. The prices are great too. I thought the staff was very nice. We have a 100 people on our invite list and the 2 spaces they have that could fit this number was either a bit cramped or too open. The West Lawn is a nice space, but when we saw it we noticed that there were a lot of tourists just walking by and through, which isn't what we wanted. But I also assume that the wedding coordinators will clear this off for your ceremony. 

Overall, I've only heard good things about the weddings there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on the West Lawn in November.  I've always had quick replies from anyone there that I have contacted. The West Lawn is not as private as some other locations but if you choose a non-high traffic time (we are getting married at 10 am on a Friday) then it won't be a problem.  Non-wedding guests can't get extremely close but they can watch from afar.  We watched a wedding and noticed people only hang out to see the dress then they leave before the actual ceremony starts.

I'm happy to answer any questoins you have.  We stay at Flamingo twice a year and never have any challenges.
  • Options
    imafoxximafoxx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on the West Lawn in October.  We too have had great customer service from the wedding coordinator there.  I've been to Vegas a few times and have always like the grounds.  We really wanted a nice garden wedding and really the prices are great. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuzieQ1258SuzieQ1258 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married there in October - it'll be a Saturday morning so I don't think we'll have an issue with noise or too many tourists...besides I don't think it would really bother me if other people really wanted to check out my wedding (provided they don't create any distractions!).

So far it's been easy to get in touch with them and they've been very nice. I also have to give them extra props because when I called to check on things today they told me they never got our deposit but hadn't given our date away yet. I was so happy to hear that, especially since my STD's have already gone out and I'm about to start sending invites! It was totally our fault that the deposit wasn't sent and they could have just cancelled things on me.

I like the location & we were able to get a discount on the wedding with our Diamond card at Harrah's, which was only like 15% but it's still a savings!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes and all money spent for the ceremony (and if you do reception stuff too but I'm not exactly sure how it works with catering...we need to look into that!) will count towards your Total Rewards points as well.

But it won't get applied until after the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i got married in the gazebo chapel 2 weeks ago and it was fab!

my wc had actually left without telling me!! but the other lady i met there was really nice and just seen some proofs of my cashman photos and am really happy with the way they look. venues are all nice... gazebo was sort of near the pool and you can hear a little noise but that was ok for me and all my guests are loud anyway... west lawn looked lovely.. if i had more guests id have chosen that! I think you would get hotel guests/tourists watching but thats the fun thing about a vegas wedding right?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards