North Carolina

Outdoor Ceremony Locations in Raleigh

I'm looking for suggestions for an outdoor venue for a summer 2011 wedding.  I got engaged on Friday and we're having a hard time coming up with ideas in the Raleigh-Durham area.  We would like to stay away from country clubs and the only other location that I can think of is the Raleigh Rose or Duke Gardens.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Jessica

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Locations in Raleigh

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Rand-Bryan House in Garner NC. You can have an Indoor / outdoor wedding there and its beautiful! The lady that owns it is also wonderful to work with :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if you're open to Wake Forest, but we looked at tons of "southern plantation" type houses where you get married outside next to the house and have your reception under a tent -- The Sutherland, Crenshaw Hall, Hudson Manor.  These are all gorgeous but all pretty expensive. There are some in Raleigh, as well -- Haywood Hall, Tucker House, Matthews House (in Cary).  I'm getting married at the Pavilion at Angus Barn (google it for pictures) in May. Not sure if you're familiar with the Angus Barn restaurant, but there's a lake and a "pavilion" back behind it. You can have the ceremony on a brick terrace by the lake and the reception under the pavilion.  Page me if you'd like to know more. We're really excited about it! 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    The NCSU Arboretum lets you have weddings there.

Crowder District Park, Lake Crabtree, and Umstead all have shelter areas you can reserve for a small fee and would work well for weddings with less than 100 people.

• edited December 2011
    I got married at Delightful Inspirations which is off of Avent Ferry Road.  www.delightfulinspirations.com They have a gorgeous garden to get married in with a beautiful gazebo. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended an outdoor wedding at Borden House in Fred Fletcher park.  It won't accommodate a large wedding, but it's really pretty.  Mordecai is also very nice.  They have a chapel where another friend got marriend.  She then had a tented reception on the grounds.  These are both Raleigh City parks, so the rental fees are quite reasonable.  I suspect it would be easy to do the ceremony outside at Mordecai as well, given the size of the grounds.
  • rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the duke Gardens and it is going to be so beautiful.  I'd recommend calling Jen copeland NOW.  They book up early - up to 1 year.  We ended up getting it about 11 months out because we are getting married on a Sunday.  Its supringly not that expensive considering how great it is.  She is very nice and will totally help you pick something that could work for you.

other options: the sutherland estate, elodie farms, highland, washington duke inn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards