Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Outside Photographers at Wynn...

Okay so this might be a dumb question but...

We are debating as to whether paying for extra time with the Wynn's photographer other than what is included n our package or hiring someone else. My question is this... I know there is no outside photography in the chapel itself, but I could have another photographer meet us afterwards to take photo's around the hotel. Is this correct?

We really want the CD & rights to our photo's and after researching the company it appears that it will be very expensive through the Wynn''s vendor.

Re: Outside Photographers at Wynn...

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I am aware, professional photographers are not allowed anywhere on the grounds of the property, unless you use Cashman, whether you get married in their chapel or not.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    Roxis1984Roxis1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Gribbles, that was what I thought! So an add-on package it is then, but no CD... oh well we have a scanner! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, Gribbles is right. At the end we decided to go with Cashman because we couldn't give up on having a photo tour inside the Wynn. So we're having their photo/video people for 4 hrs. There's a section about this in my bio under vendors, hope it helps!
    We won't be able to afford the CD, but we couldn't have been able to afford it anyways so at least we get our dream location :-)
  • Options
    clarehollowayclareholloway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies....I'm confused!

I'm getting married at the Wynn and have booked Todd at Bentley Wilson for extra photography. Are you saying that he won't be able to take any pictures of us on the Wynn grounds?

I'm presuming Cashman are external photographers? Are they allowed to take pictures on the grounds of the Wynn? I've paid my deposit for Todd and will be really upset if he can't take any pictures in the Wynn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using an outside photographer. It's a $750 fee and there are still certain areas that the photographers can't be. They can shoot in common areas (i.e. the lobby) as long as they aren't impeding the flow of traffic, and they are allowed to shoot the ceremony. It was important to me to have a photographer that I was comfortable with and I wanted continuity in the pictures. If you are wanting a lot of ceremony pictures, you actually might come out ahead paying the fee if you get rights to your photos since Cashman's prices are ridiculous. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clare - I'm sorry to tell you but you should have done a more thorough research before booking an outside vendor :-( 
    Outside photographers at the Wynn are allowed ONLY during the ceremony if you pay the $750 fee and nowhere else on the property. I had asked our WC if we could have a non-Cashman photographer in our suite during the reception and that would have been ok. Noggin mentioned that they allow them to shoot in common areas like the lobby, however our WC didn't mention anything of this kind.
    Cashman is the official company that does in-house photography for the majority of the Strip hotels, as opposed to other professionals like Todd and others that are "outside" vendors. HTH and good luck with this!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wish I knew how Cashman has pulled off this monopoly on the strip, it's pretty ridiculous.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_outside-photographers-wynn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:da429b31-50e2-467e-ae38-3a79de0c9e59Post:d799315f-f79b-4b91-a97f-6efe9e21ed38">Re: Outside Photographers at Wynn...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies....I'm confused! I'm getting married at the Wynn and have booked Todd at Bentley Wilson for extra photography. Are you saying that he won't be able to take any pictures of us on the Wynn grounds? I'm presuming Cashman are external photographers? Are they allowed to take pictures on the grounds of the Wynn? I've paid my deposit for Todd and will be really upset if he can't take any pictures in the Wynn.
    Posted by clareholloway[/QUOTE]

If their deal is similar to Venetian, no commercial photographers are allowed on any resort-owned property, although it sounds like you can pay a fee to have an exception; the Venetian offered no exception.  They actually told us we could not have our own photographer even if we rented our own private ball room for our reception.  It pissed me off enough that we left and stopped considering them.  I found out later that some brides on here have hired other photogs and taken pics all around the property anyway and have not been hassled, but it's not a risk I'd want to take.

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad we are going off-strip and don't have these constraints.  It is completely ridiculous and is why Cashman has the sky-high prices that they do.  but I suppose they are all private property so they can do whatever they want...
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not as upset as I was in the beginning about the whole photo thing. There are pros and cons in every situation and to be honest as non-locals it wouldn't make much sense for us to get married in Las Vegas but off the Strip. It pretty much takes Las Vegas away. This is JMO of course.
    What really is ridiculous about Cashman is what they charge for the high res CDs. The couples that get a $2.5K ceremony package aren't going to be able to afford to spend another $1K on the digital rights. So to charge this much means to rip people off in my opinion. On the up side I can say that their video prices are very reasonable and that their photo portfolio has really pleased us. We'll see what happens, I guess :-)
  • Options
    ksphillipsksphillips member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Wynn bride as well, and was looking to book an outside photographer for pictures at the Venetian and possible the Chandelier Bar at Cosmo after the ceremony. Are outside photographers allowed on the grounds of the Venetian (in the shops/St. Mark's/bridge area) and outside by the fountains and bridges? I was looking to book a photographer this week, so I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I didn't want to have to book Cashman for extra hours + off property shots. Thanks for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_outside-photographers-wynn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:da429b31-50e2-467e-ae38-3a79de0c9e59Post:71a6d5fd-4c1e-46a5-b6a0-8c9ec38dd940">Re: Outside Photographers at Wynn...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really wish I knew how Cashman has pulled off this monopoly on the strip, it's pretty ridiculous.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

<div class="textwidget"><p>"Since 1967, Cashman Photo Enterprises has been one of the country's largest and most successful photo businesses.
    With operations in nearly every major hotel, we are the premier photography provider in Las Vegas.</p><p>Our uncompromising commitment to quality and detail creates the gold standard in professional and souvenir photography.</p><p>Our relentless pursuit of excellence and innovative spirit is what sets us apart."
    From their website

They also have this:</p><p>Cashman Center is a multi-use facility encompassing 483,000 square feet on a 55-acre site near downtown Las Vegas. The facility includes 98,100 square feet of exhibit space, 12 meeting rooms, a 1,922 seat state-of-the-art theatre, over 2,500 spaces for parking, and a 10,000 seat baseball stadium which is the home of the Las Vegas 51s, AAA affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays. Each segment of the facility is capable of functioning independently or in any combination for conventions and trade shows, business/group meetings, theatrical presentations, and sporting events.</p><p>

My guess is they own Vegas ;)
    </p></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, aparently the founder just died the other day:

HARRIS CASHMAN Nov. 12, 1935 - Jan. 5, 2011 Harris Cashman, brother and identical twin to Morgan Cashman; brother-in-law, to Karen Cashman, and longtime friend of the community, passed away peacefully Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011. Harris was 75 at the time of his passing and will be greatly missed by all. Harris and his brother, Morgan are the founders of Cashman Photo Enterprises of Nevada, and along with Karen Cashman, have been an integral part of history of Las Vegas for over 40 years. His kind, warm and intelligent approach to business and business relationships was his signature and he was greatly loved and respected by all who knew him. Services will be at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 11, at King David Memorial Chapel, 2697 E. Eldorado Lane. Burial will follow in King David Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to Nevada Cancer Institute, at One Breakthrough Way, Las Vegas, NV 89135 or nevadacancerinstitute.org
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_outside-photographers-wynn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:da429b31-50e2-467e-ae38-3a79de0c9e59Post:e05eca6d-392e-4c7f-8d0c-34562b9d8d50">Re: Outside Photographers at Wynn...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not as upset as I was in the beginning about the whole photo thing. There are pros and cons in every situation and to be honest as non-locals <strong>it wouldn't make much sense for us to get married in Las Vegas but off the Strip. It pretty much takes Las Vegas away. This is JMO of course</strong>. What really is ridiculous about Cashman is what they charge for the high res CDs. The couples that get a $2.5K ceremony package aren't going to be able to afford to spend another $1K on the digital rights. So to charge this much means to rip people off in my opinion. On the up side I can say that their video prices are very reasonable and that their photo portfolio has really pleased us. We'll see what happens, I guess :-)
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Some might venture to say that downtown OFF strip is more "Las Vegas" than the new hotels that line the strip.  Some of the more famous wedding chapels are off strip too.  It's easy to find a little  bit of Vegas everywhere you go.  I don't  think that anyone who chooses off strip should be concerned with having Vegas "taken away."
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "If their deal is similar to Venetian, no commercial photographers are allowed on any resort-owned property, although it sounds like you can pay a fee to have an exception; the Venetian offered no exception.  own photographer even if we rented our own private ball room for our reception.  It pissed me off enough that we left and stopped considering them.  I found out later that some brides on here have hired other photogs and taken pics all around the property anyway and have not been hassled, but it's not a risk I'd want to take."
    Posted by vegasgroom

Yikes, I'm looking at ballrooms in Caesars/PH/Mandalay Bay for my reception...hope they allow a Todd or a Mike L. etc. in to our RECEPTION to take pictures!  If they don't, that would be a dealbreaker.  Anyone know, offhand, if Caesars, PH and/or Mandalay Bay are as strict about outside photogs as the Venetian/Wynn are?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **lstevenson**--

I booked a PH ballroom reception for the fall of this year.  I am clarifying this with my catering gal next week, but I swore the sales lady and WC at PH told me I could hire an outside photog for everything BUT the ceremony.  No fee.  I am double checking again on this tho.

PS- During my scouting trip, I checked out Mandalay Bay ballrooms.  Was SO disappointed.  The catering manager/saes guy was not frendly and their ballrooms were stuffy and business-y looking.  I was sad because we loved the MB chapel the best, but we ended up going with PH because we loved the chapel and ballroom!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_outside-photographers-wynn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:da429b31-50e2-467e-ae38-3a79de0c9e59Post:09287f4f-adba-4346-9a21-a1e9d82db932">Re: Outside Photographers at Wynn...</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS- During my scouting trip, I checked out Mandalay Bay ballrooms.  Was SO disappointed.  The catering manager/saes guy was not frendly and their ballrooms were stuffy and business-y looking.  I was sad because we loved the MB chapel the best, but we ended up going with PH because we loved the chapel and ballroom!
    Posted by xtinazeternity[/QUOTE]

We left with the same opinion, they're just boring and bland, you'd end up needing to spend $20k on decor to get it looking like a wedding reception.

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, thanks xtina and vegasgroom!  I might still check them out, though it sounds like an overwhelming number of people are kinda of let down by MB catering.  That, and it's already been two days since I contacted them to set up an appointment-- red flag #2.  

Oh well-- judging by the menus I think Caesars and PH catering menus seem to pack a bit more punch for your money anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, if you want something nice and more value for your money, I would go with the Wynn and not Ceasers.  You can't gett better quality than the Wynn and for their value, they are not that expensive. W ynn was my second choice, and I would only spent a tiny bit more for the same stuff I am getting at PH.  I thought Bellagio and Casers were way more expensive than the Wynn.  The Wynn has the BEST customer service I have ever had also!  I was actually kind sad I didnt choose the Wynn because we loved them so much.  PH had an extra hipness that we wanted though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a former bride who got married at the Wynn, I would hands down go with Cashman and forget about the outside photographer....I wouldn't even give one second thinking about paying the $750 fee to get the outside photographer

I can not even begin to tell you how amazed and grateful I am that Cashman was there to take my wedding pic's. I'm the queen of having my eyes closed in all every single picture that I have and my hubby always have red eyes (as if he's possessed)...BUT none of our Cashman pic's were like that.

Due to a delay on the wedding ceremony before mine....I didn't get into the salon until 20mins before my ceremony....but the Cashman photographer made me feel calm and relaxed so that he can get some pic's in the dressing room with me and my girls. The Cashman photographer captured EVERYTHING...it was (and still is) very important to me that they got pic's of all my guests, as they were traveling all over the world to attend my wedding....and without a doubt the photographer was able to get at least a pic. of them with either me and DH or with our other family members.

I know that many of you are concerned about pricing....while I had the same concerns, the photo sales team worked closely with me prior to my wedding to help me stay within a reasonable budget. When it was all said and done, I got pictures that were included in my wedding package, a full set of my images, and CD copyright for less than $1,000.

Additionally, during the picture viewing meeting at no point did I or hubby feel pressured to buy anything outside of our wedding package. The sales person presented us with various items that we could buy, showed us our pic's in a slideshow format, and allowed us as much time as we needed (she even stepped out of the room, so that hubby and I can talk it over privately) during that meeting to decide what we wanted to do.

Again, I and everyone who have seen my wedding pic's love the work that cashman provided us with....and our photographer was indeed our #1 best vendor to work with (if you can, ask for Joe, that's who we had).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards