Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cake Designs, LV - Flavors

Hi ladies!

I was hoping you previous brides or anyone who has tasted their cakes can tell me what your favorite flavor and filling was? I need to send in my deposit with my choices, and I have no idea which ones to pick! They all sound so delicious. We are having two tiers.

Thanks!

Re: Cake Designs, LV - Flavors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We've selected German Chocolate with Bailey's and Lemon with Raspberry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cake-designs-lv-flavors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:dcaf3526-680a-4c04-b2f6-2e0f6f5d5da5Post:61f53bd7-6509-4539-bafd-def06ffd266e">Re: Cake Designs, LV - Flavors</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've selected <strong>German Chocolate with Bailey's</strong> and Lemon with Raspberry.
    Posted by mhoneybee[/QUOTE]
    omg.  i want this RIGHT NOW.  sounds amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was amazing.  Hands down favorite of everyone who tried the 4 cakes we had.  It's going to be 2 of our 3 layers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What other flavors did you try if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to get an opinion on as many as possible since we won't be able to do a tasting!

Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a chocolate with raspberry...good but the chocolate kind of overpowered the raspberry.  Carrot cake with cream cheese filling...a little on the dry side for carrot cake. Cherry chip with bavarian cream...did not like at all way too sweet. It made me a little sick to my stomach at how sweet it was.  I'm not a cherry flavor fan though so that probably had something to do with it.  All of them were either frosted with buttercream or chocolate buttercream.  Very very good frosting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We wanted to do a chocolate cake with either chocolate mousse filling or chocolate buttercream, and were leaning towards the mousse but now that you said the buttercream is very very good, I don't know! We also don't know if we should do the chocolate or german chocolate flavor.

We also wanted to do a red velvet with cream cheese but I didn't see red velvet on the website so I e-mailed her.

Who knew it would be so hard picking cake flavors!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This has been very helpful. Thanks. We are going to try and get our cake finalized this weekend and the fiance does not like any type of cake-- so it is all me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did :
    red velvet w/cream cheese - AWESOME by far my favorite. They do charge $15 more for this flavor

chocolate with hazelnut filling - was supposed to tast like a Ferrara Roche candy. I just didn't get that taste. It was good but I found it very rich and I am a chocolate lover. My least favorite of the three

cinnamon w/cream cheese - this was great too. light cinnamon taste
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They do have red velvet!? Yeay! I looove that flavor. It seems like the chocolate may be too much, maybe we will do the german chocolate flavor instead. Thanks for all the help ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh dang, it was the german chocolate with hazelnut that we had. Like I said, it was good, but rich. Almost too much for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh lol well then maybe we should do just chocolate! This is a stressful decision to make lol
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had chocolate marble cake with some kind of chocolate filling (I can't remember which), whipped cream icing and melted chocolate and beautiful chocolate covered strawberries. It was absolutely amazing! Nice and chocolatey but not too rich

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is beautiful! I am thinking we will do the marble cake with chocolate mousse filling, that way it won't be too chocolate-y!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd definitely recommend it- it was so scrummy! Everyone loved it

• Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had lemon with lemon mousse...which was eaten so quickly i didn't get a piece! And we had cinnamon spice with bavarian cream filling. It was yummy. Reminded me of a donut...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards