Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

vista suite reception music

I am so sorry I keep posting but my wedding is in six months and I am so confused ! So far I am leaning towards having the reception in the vista suite. My question is what do i do about music? I want the bride and father dance as well as the first dance but a dj is too pricey and i rather just throw on an ipod. how do u think i should do the introduction without a dj? do u think the party will get bored without a dj and just ipod music

thanks knotties

Re: vista suite reception music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using DJ Godzilla, he's $200 for 4 hours and then $50 an hour after that. We were going to use an Ipod but didn't want to have to deal with monkeying around with it. I can get his contact info, if you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were originally going to have a friend intro us and have the ipod set to go.   For an insuite reception I think having a family member make the announcements is a nice personal touch.

We then found DJ Godzilla and aren't dealing with the ipod anymore. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg yesss can you please send me his contact info?? that would be great!

depending on how many responses I get back i will prob go with a cheap dj to livin up the party.. if not then i will prob have a cousin or something do the announcements!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, I'm using DJ Godzilla also. He is the best deal! And he emails back right away. I had to send him a $50 deposit check to reserve him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would love to get Dj Godzillas info too. Thank you
  • Options
    loldslolds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How was DJ Godzilla?  Please share your experience with him?  Thanks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-reception-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:dcf88740-9ca2-4dbc-a0f0-5040a7619887Post:69f449a2-fef9-481a-974c-261aaa9e17b8">Re: vista suite reception music</a>:
    [QUOTE]How was DJ Godzilla?  Please share your experience with him?  Thanks
    Posted by lolds[/QUOTE]

I've seen multiple reviews on this board for Godzilla, and not one of them has been negative.  You can do a search for DJ Godzilla at the bottom of the page and you should be able to see the reviews.

HTH!
  • Options
    HiltonsgirlHiltonsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am doing a Vista Suite "cocktail reception." (Spring 2012) I didn't consider a real DJ, not only to save a little money, but more so in terms of SPACE! As it is, I am concerned with space for a sweetheart table (for hubby & I) food buffet, someplace for the cake, and then 35-40 guests! This isn't really a "reception," but more of a "Come celebrate our love-- have some drinks, a bite to eat/cake, take some photos with us and most impotantly, laugh with us!" I was planning on making a playlist on the IPad, and hoping that those in-wall speakers will project good sound. (near sofa/next to the TV, on the website pics) As a back up, (if not loud enough or inoperative) was going to being my Brookstone iPad speakers. I would have my playlists set up separately (Introduction. 1st/special dances. Low key dinner music, and then just FUN background music. Ya know--old stuff to make ya say, "OMG, remember this song!!?!!" (this group is not in their 20's!) If a song hits ya--get up and dance!!! I felt assigning the introductions to a friend or family member would add a personal touch. And asking my Fiancés 21yr old niece to run the IPad would be perfect--she's young, and knows about todays technical gadgets! Once all the special stuff is done, just let the playlist play! But now I am curious to hear some detailed REVIEWS on the DJ Godzilla. Not only whether he was good, but where in the suite did you set him up? Was it too loud in such a confined space? Please do tell! thanks all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards