Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!

Sorry, I'm just super excited!  Frontier had an awesome sale, we got round trip flights from Aspen to Las Vegas for $200 each, which is an amazing deal for any flight out of Aspen.  Also, DH got a flyer for 2 free nights Sun-Thurs or a cheap weekend rate at Green Valley Ranch (where we stayed for the wedding) or Red Rock because he's a player's club member.  Anyway, we'll be there from 10/8 - 10/18.  I know that seems like a long time but what we'll probably do is spend the first portion of the stay with DH's sister & then spend a few nights at the resort.  Can't wait!
Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ten days wow, I'm jealous!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo! We're there from Oct 6th-14th......if you see a bunch of crazy Scottish people in kilts it's probably our group!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:fb836c16-624e-496a-af84-3f98f83c85a3">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woohoo! We're there from Oct 6th-14th......if you see a bunch of crazy Scottish people in kilts it's probably our group!!
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

I see that every time I go to Vegas lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @VG - the benefits of having family live there that we actually like spending time with. 

@Sin - I'll definitely watch for crazy people in kilts!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!  That sounds fantastic :)  I bet it'll be a good time to go, too.  We went in late October 2009, and the daytime weather was perfect.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    WoW!!! I'm jealous.  We always fly Frontier.  We were thinking Oct too!!!  There was a groupon/living social for GVR, but it sold out before I could make a decision, kicking myself for not booking it.

Have a great time!!! Perfect weather too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!  I love your "Next trip to Vegas" counter, that's just awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:fb836c16-624e-496a-af84-3f98f83c85a3">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woohoo! We're there from Oct 6th-14th......if you see a bunch of crazy Scottish people in kilts it's probably our group!!
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

Age of Chivalry????

If not or anyone else who happens to be in Vegas during the weekend of Oct 7-9, you should come out to the RennFaire. Yes, this is a shameless plug! I'll be working/drinking at it :)
    <a href="http://www.lvrenfair.com/index.html">http://www.lvrenfair.com/index.html</a>
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011

Thanks all! 

@Scary, that looks like a lot of fun!  I'm not sure I could convince DH to go though.  :(

Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:a3625f48-acb5-456b-8879-5ad4b5b8106f">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip! : Age of Chivalry???? If not or anyone else who happens to be in Vegas during the weekend of Oct 7-9, you should come out to the RennFaire. Yes, this is a shameless plug! I'll be working/drinking at it :) <a href="http://www.lvrenfair.com/index.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.lvrenfair.com/index.html</a>
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ha! No I actually didn't realize the Ren fair was going on! We're getting married on the 11th so that's the only day FI and his guys will be dressed in their kilts. Enjoy the Rennfaire!!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:1ba56d06-5ff6-4b45-9cdf-6a36147064a7">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all!  @Scary, that looks like a lot of fun!  <strong>I'm not sure I could convince DH to go though</strong>.  :(
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Food, beer, cheesecake on a stick. 'nough said
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:4d22e648-981f-4b90-8771-163c53b2e26d">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip! : Food, beer, cheesecake on a stick. 'nough said
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]
    OMG, cheesecake on a stick???  Mmmmmm....

ETA - I'm going to try and convince DH that we should go.  Just for the fact that I've never been to a Ren fair and I doubt he has either...
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Di! Why couldn't you make it in September? We could have had a party! Airfare was so low two days ago. We got 89 each way out of Midway, which is crazy cheap. The funny thing is we usually go to Vegas that week cause it's my birthday, but we are going to Mexico instead. We will warm it up for you though! Have a great time!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:aab93cc3-e7a7-43cd-be83-f7e3af06d541">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Di! Why couldn't you make it in September? We could have had a party! Airfare was so low two days ago. We got 89 each way out of Midway, which is crazy cheap. The funny thing is we usually go to Vegas that week cause it's my birthday, but we are going to Mexico instead. We will warm it up for you though! Have a great time!
    Posted by jb51411[/QUOTE]
    Aw, bummer!  September just didn't work for us, my MOH's wedding is on 9/25 & there were too many issues with work to go any earlier.  Yeah, Frontier was $98 each way, also crazy cheap for here.  I'm jealous that you're going to Mexico though!  Oh, and I guess you're a fellow Libra then - my birthday is 10/1.  Have a blast when you guys go too!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    themrsJRDthemrsJRD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo! Have fun & win $$$ :) We will be there Oct. 12-15 as well!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Stay at Red Rock! We had such a fun time staying there. The staff is great and we had a great view of the strip and the mountains. Have fun!! 
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Nice MrsJRD! :)

@Kara - we've actually stayed at Red Rock for my 30th birthday and loved it!  It helped that a good friend knows the owner though so we got some awesome hookups! 
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Lol. Okay, I wasn't sure if you've stayed there yet. But it is such an awesome hotel isn't? I love it there and always go there. I love GVR too! At least the summer heat will be somewhat gone when you come! ;) 
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Yep, definitely love Red Rock.  I'd rather stay there this time just because it's a bit of a younger vibe thatn GVR.  And hopefully October weather will be perfect! 
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011

Have fun, hope you win some dinero!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aw-just-booked-next-vegas-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:df1a3686-bd7c-445a-9261-08f0504ff35aPost:3c1e770d-32ce-4bd8-9e5d-3838aeb45739">Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW - Just booked our next Vegas trip! : Aw, bummer!  September just didn't work for us, my MOH's wedding is on 9/25 & there were too many issues with work to go any earlier.  Yeah, Frontier was $98 each way, also crazy cheap for here.  I'm jealous that you're going to Mexico though!  Oh, and I guess you're a fellow Libra then - my birthday is 10/1.  Have a blast when you guys go too!
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

10/07 here! Yay for Libras. I've been to Vegas the past two Octobers and the weather is actually perfect. It's really nice during the day, but bring a light sweater for night. It would get down into the 50's at night. Have a great time!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011

So we just booked a 3 night stay at GVR - unfortunately the comp deal was sold out at Red Rock already (guess we should have gotten on that sooner). 

Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sept. 29th here, go libras!! We were looking at going oct. 13th to the 16th but airfare was to expensive :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards