North Carolina

I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography)

I've been on the Knot, Nest, Bump for too many years now in fact I planned my wedding on this board and the DW board almost 5 years ago.

Anywho, I just posted several reviews online for Sarah Kimmel Photography in Kitty Hawk that I wanted to share with you guys.

Happy Planning!

Here is my review from Yelp.

We also had the opportunity to use Sarah Kimmel Photography this past summer as the first reviewer did.

Our experience was the total and complete opposite ending with us having to file a BBB complaint to finally receive our disc.

This is definitely one of those you get what you paid for situations so buyer beware.

We paid SKP in cash in full at the time of our shoot on 8/10.  Our disc finally arrived on 10/19.  During this time Hurricane Irene did in fact do much destruction throughout the OBX however the service we received was still below par.

The communication we received from this photographer was always initiated on our end rather than her keeping us up to date on the status of our order.

Promises were also never kept.  She has deleted all of the evidence from her FB page but if you go look now you will see she promises shipment after shipment and there is always an excuse for why something was sent when she promised.

It almost seems like she accepts payment and then you are her mercy as to when you will receive what you paid for.

Throughout all of this we never received an apology or anything to make amends for her horrible service.  A simple apology and change in her actions would have sufficed however the customer is always right is not even close to how she works.

At the bitter end she threatened to contact her "legal team" if we used the images that we were still basically begging to receive because they were owned by her.  Nevermind the fact that we had paid in full and STILL did not have them.

Buyer beware. 

Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography)

• edited December 2011

Looks like you are about to be the one sued.  You may want to get rid of these reviews.  Always interesting to see the other sides story. 

http://www.ripoffreport.com/photography/sarah-kimmel-photogr/sarah-kimmel-photography-poor-aaad8.htm

• edited December 2011
    That review you linked isn't mine.  Actually, we read that one before we agreed to use her and thought maybe it was a misunderstanding.

Sadly, we had a similar experience.

Why would I get rid of my own personal opinion?  Isn't that what reviews are for so others can decide on their own if they want to use a vendor?
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_vendor-review-ladies-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:d75f580b-74c6-49bb-8590-75b0a5817fcfPost:56494b1c-02bd-425a-b4ca-9a47ffcabaf5">Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That review you linked isn't mine.  Actually, we read that one before we agreed to use her and thought maybe it was a misunderstanding. Sadly, we had a similar experience. <strong>Why would I get rid of my own personal opinion?  Isn't that what reviews are for so others can decide on their own if they want to use a vendor?</strong>
    Posted by ECUPirate04[/QUOTE]

Just be really really careful that you base all of your claims in fact.  I'm not saying you didn't, because I don't know.  But I'm just saying to be careful.

I had a lot of trouble with a vendor, but I was careful in all of my very negative reviews to only state facts that could be proven.  If she didn't honor the contract, state exactly what the contract says and what was or wasn't done.  If she just didn't live up to your expectations, then live and learn. 

The vendor I wrote negative reviews about did respond and try to dispute my reviews in some places, but wasn't able to effectively argue because my reviews were factual instead of emotional or expectation based.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_vendor-review-ladies-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:d75f580b-74c6-49bb-8590-75b0a5817fcfPost:db6d436c-51df-47e2-9b77-fd81497fdede">Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography) : Just be really really careful that you base all of your claims in fact.  I'm not saying you didn't, because I don't know.  But I'm just saying to be careful. I had a lot of trouble with a vendor, but I was careful in all of my very negative reviews to only state facts that could be proven.  If she didn't honor the contract, state exactly what the contract says and what was or wasn't done.  If she just didn't live up to your expectations, then live and learn.  The vendor I wrote negative reviews about did respond and try to dispute my reviews in some places, but wasn't able to effectively argue because my reviews were factual instead of emotional or expectation based.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  We actually do have documentation because we had to provide it to the BBB.

Either way, ultimately we got our disc and all was well.  It was just the lack of customer service that I know a bride wouldn't want to deal with hence my post here.

Secondly, Go Pirates!
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_vendor-review-ladies-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:d75f580b-74c6-49bb-8590-75b0a5817fcfPost:db6d436c-51df-47e2-9b77-fd81497fdede">Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography)</a>:
    [QUOTE]  The vendor I wrote negative reviews about did respond and try to dispute my reviews in some places, but wasn't able to effectively argue because my reviews were factual instead of emotional or expectation based.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Was this the one vendor we had in common?? 
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_vendor-review-ladies-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:d75f580b-74c6-49bb-8590-75b0a5817fcfPost:c5454d4d-72bc-4e81-aeb9-3648fc77585a">Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a vendor review for you ladies (photography) : Was this the one vendor we had in common?? 
    Posted by Beth0882[/QUOTE]

Sure was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards