Nevada-Las Vegas

Dj Zodzilla or others

Is Godzilla the cheapest? He is $500 for 5 hours, right?

Re: Dj Zodzilla or others

• hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got him for $200 for 4 hours
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dj-zodzilla-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e28d3a97-6580-478c-8e1a-81a35ac4ab10Post:6083fef7-6fb4-4c74-96b9-dc2c1251b911">Re: Dj Zodzilla or others</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got him for $200 for 4 hours
    Posted by hstaples4[/QUOTE]

NICE! Do you have his contact info?
  • hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, his name is Calvin e-mail is [email protected] or phone is (702) 994-2046. He's been great to work with so far and responds pretty quickly. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    He has some videos of receptions he's done on his myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/godzillasounds

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    I am booking him also, his rates are now $250 for 4 hours and then $75 an hour after I believe. Also agree he has been great to work with so far.
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny coincidence, FI and I just met him tonight and booked him.  Yes, $250 for 4 and he brings all equipment with him including some lighting.  He can help out with ceremony stuff if you need it (we do), and he only needs about 12 sq. ft. of space.  I had to ask so I can plan the reception layout. 

He's really cool.  You'll like him.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dj-zodzilla-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e28d3a97-6580-478c-8e1a-81a35ac4ab10Post:3f2a0720-7b96-46a7-a366-4c5feb631fcc">Re: Dj Zodzilla or others</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny coincidence, FI and I just met him tonight and booked him.  Yes, $250 for 4 and he brings all equipment with him including some lighting.  He can help out with ceremony stuff if you need it (we do), and he only needs about 12 sq. ft. of space.  I had to ask so I can plan the reception layout.  He's really cool.  You'll like him.
    Posted by MeatAuditor[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the info, we would need him to do some ceremony stuff, too... does he have a "radio voice"?

I looked at the video that VG posted but you don't hear him and it doesn't show his set-up... it just shows people dancing (makes me want to hire dancers!), and a little taste of what he plays.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Calvin (DJ Godzilla) for 4 hours for $200. I had to send a $50 deposit check to him. He is really nice, responds quickly to emails and called me right away when I had to change the reception  time and was cool about it. He is flexible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

He doesn't have a DJ voice IMO, but we loved him.  We didn't want a whole lot of talking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you asking b/c you want a radio voice, or you don't want one? 

He didn't have a radio voice at the consultation.  Should I have asked him for a sample?  That coulda freaked out everyone in Starbucks.  Sorry, laughing at my own imagination here. 
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dj-zodzilla-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e28d3a97-6580-478c-8e1a-81a35ac4ab10Post:38604956-e29a-4572-8f88-874bb45cc109">Re: Dj Zodzilla or others</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Are you asking b/c you want a radio voice, or you don't want one?</strong>  He didn't have a radio voice at the consultation.  Should I have asked him for a sample?  That coulda freaked out everyone in Starbucks.  Sorry, laughing at my own imagination here. 
    Posted by MeatAuditor[/QUOTE]

Good question... I don't know actually, I was just trying to imagine what my reception would be like with him.

lol at asking for a 'sample'
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dj-zodzilla-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e28d3a97-6580-478c-8e1a-81a35ac4ab10Post:d8d93aba-9bb4-4cc4-88ae-ddc3a454c894">Re: Dj Zodzilla or others</a>:
    [QUOTE]He doesn't have a DJ voice IMO, but we loved him.  We didn't want a whole lot of talking.
    Posted by vfriday[/QUOTE]

VFriday thats how I was when we booked him I just wanted music and more music :)

I loved him and so did my guests and I agree with others he is very nice and cool. He links me to his new mixes every now and again!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED Calvin, and so did my hubby. He's tons of fun and just stands in the corner and jams along to the music. Plus he's super friendly and easy to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards