Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

We got HITCHED! (this is long w/ prelim reviews)

I finally got married!! I owe everything to the knotties! I've lurked around and took suggestions/recommendations and ran with it.  It's because of you guys I had such a great wedding (now my family thinks I'm a wedding genius Wink

We got married on the 18th with 1 major hiccup... Based on everyones reviews, I booked Todd back in April and I had full faith that he would be incredible, so I overlooked confirming with him as the days got closer - then come wedding day, I wasn't able to get a hold of him until 11am where I found out he was in California... I had to find a replacement ASAP for my 1pm nuptials!  He was the only one I really got excited about working with and had such high hopes for what he could have done.  Now, I don't have any of the amazing "set-up" shots I've seen him do...

Other than that, my DH & I had wonderful vendors (which ya'll won't be surprised about, since the majority have been used before).  We had the most perfect day with family & friends and it's all because of you!

MANDALAY BAY : B

Well, I heard some not so-flattering reviews on guest services... and unfortunatly I'm going to add to that.  I called a week before the wedding to confirm my reservation for the SkyView suite and mentioned that we were getting married there the lady was so friendly.  I asked if we could get a Strip view and she assured me she would make a note that we were honeymooners and that all the rooms had a strip view... alas, the only view of the strip was of Luxor next door and that was when you stuck your face to the window and looked to the right.  But, the room was pretty and not having to deal with the zoo of people waiting for an elevator was a ++++ 

She also told me I could try and check in earlier (seeing as though I was going to check in on a Wed, there shouldn't be a problem) well, it was 11am and the lines to check in was horrendous!  Finally it was our turn and we were told the room was ready.  He asked for my credit card, swipped it and then said it wasn't ready... we had to wait another hour before we got to check in.

We also tried to book a space at the buffett for a rehersal dinner and was told there would be a $250 charge on top of bringing 40 people to the establishment, but then went through VIP and had no problems... SMH

Overall, I loved my room, I loved having an elevator for PH only and I love the food at the buffett!

MANDALAY BAY - (WEDDING COORDINATOR): A+

Our coordinator was Ridhelle, until she got promoted a few weeks within booking the venue and then we got Jaimie.  She was wonderful and helped me out with all my questions.  Sometimes it did take a few day to get back to me, but it all worked out in the end. And Rev. Duckrow (pronounced DO-Crow... i learned after saying Duck-Row) was awesome!

MANDALAY BAY - (VALLEY OF THE FALLS): A+

The moment I saw it on their website, I HAD to have my wedding here (even if I was getting married at 1pm in the middle of August! - 107 degrees that day).  It is just too beautiful and the pictures of the ceremony turned out amazing.  My mom was concerned about the noise of the falls, but with the P/A system, hearing wasn't a problem and we never even heard the cars passing down the strip.  I was a little peeved with how much it was going to cost, since the location was really just a walkway to the hotel, but I'm glad we did it here.

MANDALAY BAY - (CASHMAN PHOTOGRAPHY): A+ (FOR PHOTOS) F (FOR PRICES)

Our photographer Sam took great shots.  We didn't even notice him running around getting all the different angles.  He was very friendly and I felt a little guilty making him leave once the ceremony was over. 

As for the prices - whew, I knew it was going to be expensive but I didn't realize just how much it would be!  The disk of 82 pics (in reality 74 and 8 altered pics) would cost $850 - and extra 4x6 photos $10/ea  While we liked the pics and the fact that it was our only professional shots of the ceremony, we just couldn't shell out that much Frown  also, before I sent Sam packing, he had taken a couple group shots of the entire wedding guests and when we went for our appointment, those pics weren't there.  We asked for those, but the lady told us she was showing us all the pics he got... 

MAGGIANO'S: A+

Has anyone ever had anything bad to say about Cassy?  She was a doll! I had more people showing up than expected (it went from no more than 50 guests to a total of 83) and luckily I was able to upgrade from the DiCarlo&Calabria to Calabria&Abruzzi with under a month to the wedding. 

Everyone loved the food (even the picky eaters) & I loved the price! I was surprised that the food portions for our sweetheart table was the same amount for a table of 10 - it felt like a waste cause we were so busy mingling and taking everything in that my DH & I hardly ate anything.

My only complaint (I hate that I'm complaining...) is that when I dropped off my cake toppers, seating charts, table numbers and vases the day before, Cassy and Sabrina told me they'd set it all up.  I told them my FSIL was going to come by to decorate and put together the centerpieces for the 10 tables, but when she got there, someone handed off the placecards for her to handle.  Also, my cake topper was of me, my DH and our 3 pets, but 1 of my dogs went missing & the table numbers were pictures /stories of the years we were together from our beginning to the proposal, and 1 went missing as well.

HARMONY MEDINA: A+++++

By all the + signs, you could tell who my favorite person of the day was!  She was my lifesaver.  She was so cool to work with (even when one BM had her fix her hair 4 times).  She made me feel/look like a superstar, I can't get over how amazing the make up was and it really did last the entire night.

It is also because of her, I found Deacon Tyler.  She was there during the whole frantic hours of trying to get a hold of Todd and tried to assure me he would show, but when it was confirmed that he wouldn't be there, she pointed me in Deacon's direction.

DEACON TYLER: A++

Being that it was 11 and my wedding was at 1, it was a miracle that I got them! They did have an engagment shoot scheduled for that day, but thankfully the other couple felt sorry for me and agreed to reschedule (THANK YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE!! I OWE YOU)  They are about 2x's as much as Todd (which I wasn't happy about... budget wise, but at short notice, I had not choice - besides, our overall experience helps ease that blow just a tiny bit)

Deacon and Sarah seemed a little awkward having to take the after ceremony group shots, but when it was just us w/ the BP he really came into his element.  He was so excited about everything and you could tell he LOVES his job.   They made us feel so comfortable and he even talked me into going ziplining down Freemont in my dress! I'm so bummed that I have to wait to see the pics... I'm horrible at waiting

DALE SWEETLAND: A++

Dale had to be THE most best vendor to deal with!  He was very prompt with emails and the only one that took the initiative and contacted ME before the wedding to make sure everything was a go... which for a frazzled bride, put me at ease!

At first I wasn't going to hire a videographer, but his prices fit within the budget.  He was on time, knew where the action was and I love that he got interviews from guests. He was a pleasure to work with and I can not wait to see his DVD! 

PRESIDENTIAL LIMO: B+

I booked them over the phone (which was a breeze) and I was told I'd get an email confirmation (which I didn't), but they were there on time and ready to go.  Our driver was very accommodating, driving us around to the LV sign, Downtown and Maggiano's.  There was plenty of champagne, but we were so parched that the bottles of water went fast and the limo felt like a sauna even with the A/C going

All Night Long: A+

Per Maggiano's vendor list, we went with All Night & we're so happy with Lance.  He was so  nice and on top of things. We changed the Father Daughter song just before it was time, we flopped back and forth on doing a money dance and my dad decided to give an impromptu speech that had the whole room crying, but Lance rolled with it.

PREMIERE PHOTOBOOTH: A

It was a huge hit!  The package came with an attendant, guestbook, props, unlimited photos, a disk, web hosting, and personalized logo.  I had them for 4 hours and used the photos as our favors.

They were a little difficult getting a hold of via email.  They answered my price inquiry quickly and sent my contract as soon as they could... then the responses came after having to send multiple emails and towards the end, no response at all.

RETRO BAKERY: A+++

So YUMMY!! After price comparing all the major players and less than 3 weeks away from the wedding, we decided on Retro.  To cut costs (and to take full advantage) we opted for a cupcake tower w/ a 6in round cake to cut.  My DH and I couldn't decide on just one flavor, so we got Pucker Up for the cake (my favorite) and for the cupcakes, Red Velvet (tasted more like chocolate, but delicious just the same), Vanilla loves Vanilla (and so do I!!) & DH's favorite Mint Chocolate Chip. 

Just a note: if you rent the tower, you'll have to return it within 5 days to get your deposit back and they're located about 20 miles away... but the store smells SO GOOD!!

Save the Dates & Invitations: B

I wanted photobooth STD magnets and went with MagnetStreet.  I loved the magnets so much (and because there was a discount... i love discounts!!) we ordered the invitations from there as well. 

The quality is pretty good.  The cardstock was thick and the colors were bright and pretty, but afterwards, I saw some nice DIY invitations that looked a bit more fancy and way more cheaper!

Well, I wrote down more than I thought I would (guess I had a lot to share) - hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone, but if I did I'll follow up and once I see my pics from Deacon and video from Dale, I'll share some more!! Thanks again for everything!

Anniversary

Re: We got HITCHED! (this is long w/ prelim reviews)

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, great reviews!  Interesting about Todd though - had you paid him the deposit through PayPal?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews!!!  At least your hiccup worked out okay.

Any pics?
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering if the last minute bride was one of ours!  He mentioned it on FB.  I am booked with Deacon this weekend so I"m glad to hear you were happy.  I passed on the zipline.  No thanks.

It sounds like everything turned out great for you.  I can't wait for pics!

Congrats.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and thanks! I can't believe that happened with Todd!!! Do you mind me asking, what are the rated forthe photobooth?
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mrs! Sounds like everything was wonderful except for the hiccup. Thank goodness Deacon Tyler was available!
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the reviews, they're great to see!  I would have flipped of my photog (which actually is Todd...) didn't show but I'm glad Deacon came to the rescue.  
    It's also great to hear that you loved Harmony!  There have been some so-so reviews for her here lately so I'm really glad you had a fantastic experience with her.  I'm looking forward to working with her too.

Congrats!
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great day despite the issue. I know when we booked Todd for our wedding, we had to give a deposit to hold our date and fill out a short form with wedding info on it. Did you give him a deposit to hold your date when you booked with him?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Your review about Hramony has made me even more excited to work with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and thank you for the reviews!!  I am using MB, Maggiano's, and Harmony, too, so it's always nice to hear the reviews :)
  • Options
    ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! It's funny i was just thinking that it had been a long time since i had emailed any of my vendors (including Todd). Even though i'm still like 9 months out i think i'll remind them all i exist.

Thanks for the great reviews and i'm glad everything worked out for you and can't wait to see pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Great reviews I enjoyed reading them! Especially since I am using some of the same vendors!  Thanks again!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Thanks so much for the reviews.  We are also getting married at Valley of the Falls and using Harmony Medina.  I am really happy to hear that you had such a great experience with her.

Would love to see some pics!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great review.  I too am getting married at the Valley of the Falls.  What a great save on getting another photographer in such short notice.  Wow, I think I would've had a heart attack.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-hitched-this-long-w-prelim-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e2d4c176-b044-4c9a-8afc-ee145b967efePost:44c97059-c1f9-479c-a889-1f43b15f4f14">Re: We got HITCHED! (this is long w/ prelim reviews)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! It's funny i was just thinking that it had been a long time since i had emailed any of my vendors (including Todd). Even though i'm still like 9 months out i think i'll remind them all i exist. Thanks for the great reviews and i'm glad everything worked out for you and can't wait to see pictures.
    Posted by ellebailey[/QUOTE]

Don't stress as long as you have paid the deposits you shoud be fine. I paid Todd about a year ago and only emailed him last month to checkin and all was fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, glad you were able to get a photog on short notice. what was the other photog;s explanation? did he give back your deposit?
    Fuuck your feelings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards