Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Using your own photog after the ceremony?

I remember there being a post about this a little while back but I can't seem to find it so anyways my package at Mandalay Bay comes with an additional hour of photography after the ceremony but I have no desire to buy their pictures other then the 12 that come with my package so can I tell their photographer to hit the road and use Todd immediately after the ceremony at Valley of the Falls? Or will we have to find a different spot to take some family photos?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Using your own photog after the ceremony?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep. We did exactly that. Courtney and Perkins sat in on the ceremony (not taking photos, they have actually become great friends) When the ceremony was over I told the photog he wasn't needed anymore. Courtney then took all our formals at VOTF. It worked out great because out of the 79 cashman pics he took I really liked one, and that was about it.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did the same thing jb did for our ceremony at Caesars.  The photographer included in our package asked before the ceremony if we wanted him to take our formals afterwards and I told him no, just to shoot the ceremony.  They seemed fine with it and Courtney took all our pictures.  Worked out better because we don't have to buy any from them that weren't already included in our wedding package.  I'd imagine you can do the same at MB after all they are there to serve you.
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!
    JB - Our wedding is at Valley of the falls and in the vista suite and gosh I hope our wedding runs as smoothly as yours did, I just read your reviews again the other day for some piece of mind. The only things I'm a little worried about are switching out the flowers so picking up the Mandalay Bay flowers at like 10:30 then coming back at 3 for the ceremony with the Palettes flowers, giving the photographer the boot and hoping no one at Mandalay Bay cares we're using our own after the ceremony and since we're getting married at Mandalay Bay my worries on the vista suite have subsided a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hstaples- The flowers were the easiest thing ever. Chances are your wedding coordinator won't be there to handle your wedding any way. We had two completely different women do ours. I never saw Aleena the day of. They had no clue, and if they did they never said anything. As far as the photographer that was the easiest part of the day. He saw Courtney and knew immediately she was our photographer. The sales lady with cashman made a comment about it on Monday at our appointment about why we didn't let them do the photos. I told her that I really didn't want to have to mortgage our house for wedding photos. 641 dollars for 79 images is just insane. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards