Nevada-Las Vegas

budgets

I was just toying with the budget helper here on the knot and Holy Cow!  I am almost $1,000 over budget and we're not even done yet!  Still have to take into account the little stuff like dress pressing and whatever alterations are left.  Geesh!  I suppose I should have been more realistic with my expectations for Vegas.  $5,000 doesn't go very far, especially if you want something more than bare-bones minimum, lol.  Oh well, in the long run it won't hurt us and we will have a great time and even greater memories from it.  I can't wait til June!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: budgets

• Thats what I keep telling myself.  We have went way over the budget we had.  You only live once.  I guess!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I blew our budget months ago, lol. I gave the FI final numbers last week and after he picked himself up off the floor he said as long as it's everything I want and makes me happy that's all that matters.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • dang i dont use the knot budget thing i use wedding wire you can change things to how you need it :) HTH
  • I use the Martha Stewart Weddings tracker. I thought it was more customizable with the line items. Very helpful! Crazy how fast things add up, huh?
  • Yeah, the Wedding Wire budget tracker is much easier to use, and I like that it reallocates money wherever you want whenever you save money in one area. If you save $200 on flowers, you can have it stick an extra $200 under DJ or dress or whatever.

FI keeps putting it under Food & Beverage. :) We're going to end up with eight million appetizers and premium alcohol at this rate. It's pretty awesome.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_budgets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e7d8c455-5fe4-445f-b79a-8f9ddb801562Post:49187a4a-f020-4eb5-b1e5-318e2be73eaf">Re: budgets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I blew our budget months ago, lol. I gave the FI final numbers last week and after he picked himself up off the floor he said as long as it's everything I want and makes me happy that's all that matters.
    Posted by jkr41271[/QUOTE]

Uhmmm ya. My fiance keeps on asking for finalized numbers and I keep putting it off.  Tisk Tisk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_budgets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e7d8c455-5fe4-445f-b79a-8f9ddb801562Post:2ca54b31-007e-4185-a343-bbb2b1da0de7">Re: budgets</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: budgets : Uhmmm ya. My fiance keeps on asking for finalized numbers and I keep putting it off.  Tisk Tisk.
    Posted by PlatinumBride13[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, put it off till after. I felt I had to tell since I'm about 50% over the budget and when he asks for things to be added I keep saying no it's not in the budget. He finally said you are doing so good keeping our budget tight and I had guilty written all over my face.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_budgets-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e7d8c455-5fe4-445f-b79a-8f9ddb801562Post:a93279a7-1f70-4378-9416-f802f5df6b51">Re: budgets</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: budgets : Hahahaha, put it off till after. I felt I had to tell since I'm about 50% over the budget and when he asks for things to be added I keep saying no it's not in the budget. He finally said you are doing so good keeping our budget tight and I had guilty written all over my face.
    Posted by jkr41271[/QUOTE]

Good to hear I am not the only one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol! I love the stories! :) Glad I'm not the only one and glad to see my FI isn't the only one who's being easy going about it all :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made myself believe the little stuff doesnt count.  OOOPS!  I swear my wedding is a budget disaster.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • its okay just keep looking for sales and coupons! lol
    so whens your date? is your budget including hotel?if so for how many nights?
    our ideal budget was $4200 we went over buy about $250. yes do not feel bad this day only comes around once for most people, make sure its everything you want. and keep in mind you may get some money as gifts so you can deposit back into your savings later =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    We priced our wedding out up here and we are looking at 25G. We thought we could do it under 10G down in Vegas but we are now at about 16G. Which is still less then up here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We never really set a budget but we sat down with excel and plugged in what we wanted to do and what it should cost. Originally it came to around 8500, which has since bumped to a little over 10g.. But for our wedding, honeymoon, and reception I think we're doing pretty good! Saved a TON of money buy finding our hotel discount through SmarterVegas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • We had to remember all the little stuff, like postage. Between the STDs, invitations, and RSVP envelopes, the postage came to somewhere around $75. Then we had to figure in all of the tips that we'd need for our vendors, taxi drivers, bellhops, etc. It's little stuff like that that's so easy to forget.
  • I'm on point, so far...Our guest list blew up...so we're now cutting back other areas.instead of fabirc flowers or a brooch bouquet I'm doing paper ones (recycled paper) and we're considering not doing alcohol at all at dinner (and only having alcohol on the DDB)...we'll see once we have the rsvps :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who had their budget go out the window! When we decided on Vegas I figured we could do everything for $10K. We'd been planning on spending $15k on a wedding here and the $5k savings helped convince my FI that Vegas was the right choice. Now we're a little over 3 months out and somehow I've managed to spend that $15k on a wedding for less than 50 people. Ooops. I blame Pinterest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards