North Carolina
Options

Slight blunder...

Clearly I am really too busy to be planning a wedding effectively (thanks school!) but something I did this week totally proved it for me.

My florist sent an itemized list of all the flower arrangements/bouquets and had separated it into what the bride pays for and what the groom traditionally pays for, which was nice, because my FMIL had already brought up the fact that FI should pay for certain flowers.

Now onto the blunder... after I forwarded the spreadsheet to FI, I realized it included a DETAILED description of my DRESS!!!! Aughhh!!!
I'm hoping he's as fashion-challenged as I think he is, and he doesn't know what "sweetheart neckline" and "beaded drop-waist" means...

Humor me... have any of you accidentally done something silly like this while planning? Surprised
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Slight blunder...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I describe my dress right in from of FI- he is women's fashion challenged! I keep telling him it's not a white dress (it's pearl with a white overlay) and he can't figure it out! ;)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wrote "Mr. & Mrs. ___ request the honor of your blah blah" instead of "Dr. and Mrs." Not a huge deal but still a big bummer! My dad probably hasn't been called "Mr." in 20 years!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge "Can't Live Without It" Snack
    Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!
    June 4, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was showing FI pictures I took of the dog and accidently showed him one of my birdcage veil.  Of course it was when I was playing around iwth it right out of the box and it wasn't on my head right so it looked crazy.  Now he goes around saying I hope you don't wear that ugly thing sticking off your head.  Egghhh
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I let FI take my camera to work with him a few weeks ago and of course I forgot there are pictures of my dress on there. But, the card was full and my dress was half way through the 2500 pics, so he didn't see it. Talk about luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry rooms!! No worries, maybe he's clueless like most guys :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally feel you. I got an email from our photog that I wanted FI to see because she talked about him and his bowties and I thought it was cute, so I forwarded it to him...completely forgetting that I had originally emailed her to show her pictures of my dress, that were all shown in what I sent him. AND in google, the images show up at the bottom of the message. I was FREAKING out. I literally called him like 18 times...but he's a smart man and knew now to look at them! It happen...and I'm sure your FI has no idea what any of that means!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent a picture to my FI of the dress that I'll probably buy. I wanted to know if he even liked it. He loves it & won't delete the picture off his phone! So I'll just have to tell him I went with something else :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards