Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Marriage license Q?

After you get married in Las Vegas, What do you do when you get back home? like for the name change and all that?
I live in CA

Re: Marriage license Q?

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can order your marriage certificate online here:
    http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/recorder/Pages/OrderingMarriageCertificate.aspx

ETA - you'll definitely want to check the rules in your state - in Colorado, I had to go to SS first and then had to wait 24 hours before going to the DMV.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered the copy online a few days after our officiant turned in the papers.  Once it arrived, my wife first had to go to the SS office to do her name change with the government.  She was able to get a printout from them showing it was complete the next day and then went to the DMV to do that part.  They were able to pull up the change in the computer but I've heard they're not always able to do that so that's why she made the second trip to the SS office to get the printout, just in case.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-license-q?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ec0f5703-41e4-4499-a538-11b0b99f9207Post:ac7d8c7a-cfe6-490f-aa97-24ead35880cf">Re: Marriage license Q?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We ordered the copy online a few days after our officiant turned in the papers.  Once it arrived, my wife first had to go to the SS office to do her name change with the government.  She was able to get a printout from them showing it was complete the next day and then went to the DMV to do that part.  They were able to pull up the change in the computer but I've heard they're not always able to do that so that's why she made the second trip to the SS office to get the printout, just in case.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]
    I had a printout and went straight to the DMV but still had to go back the next day because it took 24 hours to be updated in their system. It sucked because I live an hour away from the closest DMV.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Order your certified copy and then you can go to SS and then make an appt. for the DMV. It's pretty easy in CA.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok. thank you everyone:)
    it seems way easier then i thought.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-license-q?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ec0f5703-41e4-4499-a538-11b0b99f9207Post:c1253f41-6824-491d-8506-32ef20e23b53">Re: Marriage license Q?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll want to change your name at your bank ASAP too, since some wedding checks will be made out to you and your husband under your married name. It can be a bit of a hassle to deposit the checks, depending on the bank.
    Posted by burntofferings[/QUOTE]

I am not changing my name and have had a joint account with my DH for 6 years.  I had no problems depositing any checks.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's all about the name on the account and we have both names on the account (although my first name with his last name is not on the account and I deposited that one just fine too).

I would recommend open a joint account with both names if depositing money is an issue.  It takes only minutes to do (at BofA, anyway) and we did it online.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards