Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Save the dates

how does this sound on a one sided post card. I domt want a super fancy formal STD card...The lv sign will be on it and the strip in the background. I'll post it once a rough draft is sent from the printer

Save the date!!
Chelsea and gerall are getting married in las Vegas!
April 24th, 2013
Please see the website for more information

Any suggestions?

Re: Save the dates

• Options
    yep sounds good but i wouldnt depend on just the website
  • Options
    Our STD was a 3x5 magnet with a picture of us in front of the Vegas sign.  I photoshopped in a billboard style thing at the bottom that looks like it's attached to the LV sign poles that says Save The Date! Join us in Las Vegas on June 11, 2011, gives our names, gives the website, then "Formal Invitation to Follow"

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Sounds fine to me!

Ours said:

Save the date
    David + Jazmyn
    Please save the date of our wedding
    November 10th, 2012

Invitation to follow
    Please check out or wedding website

Really simple. I don't think you need anything too over the top for a STD. It could even just be a picture of you guys holding up something with a date saying save the date or something like that. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Make sure you capitalize the words you need to like Save the Date, his name and Las Vegas. Also, be sure to list the website on the STD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were not one sided postcards but double-sided, but I made them out myself with Microsoft Word and I printed them on very thick paper. People loved them! Take a look: http://7septembre2013.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/stdcard.jpg :) Yes, they're black & white. Cheaper to print and gives a classic feel to the thing!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours says:

Save the Date!
    Chris and Dana are getting married!
    **05.16.2013**
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Follow our journey at:
    (website link)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those are adorable!! Now I just need to figure out how to make those in word like that...I'll fool with it while I'm doing the 9,000 loads of laundry today lol. Fiancé has a friend who owns a print shop, but he is taking too long and I hate waiting. Did you just use card stock, where'd you buy the paper? I just have a basic inkjet printer, that should work right?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_save-the-dates-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ecc8e74c-9ff0-44ce-b8a3-ee9a7a855fdaPost:920909e2-f550-4cbd-a08c-73592077edd5">Re: Save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine were not one sided postcards but double-sided, but I made them out myself with Microsoft Word and I printed them on very thick paper. People loved them!

Take a look: <a href="http://7septembre2013.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/stdcard.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://7septembre2013.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/stdcard.jpg</a>

:)

Yes, they're black & white. Cheaper to print and gives a classic feel to the thing!
    Posted by SnowWhiteMontreal[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_save-the-dates-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ecc8e74c-9ff0-44ce-b8a3-ee9a7a855fdaPost:a24cea42-41dd-4092-abe8-6b671c1464f2">Re: Save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are adorable!! Now I just need to figure out how to make those in word like that...I'll fool with it while I'm doing the 9,000 loads of laundry today lol. Fiancé has a friend who owns a print shop, but he is taking too long and I hate waiting. Did you just use card stock, where'd you buy the paper? I just have a basic inkjet printer, that should work right?

In Response to Re: Save the dates :
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :)

Actually, on the front, i used Photoshop and then I used Word and I created a two page document that i printed on one sheet (recto-verso). On each page I made a 4-cell table. On the first page, I inserted the image created with Photoshop in each cell and on the second page, I put the little image of the newlyweds and the infos as well as the lines for the address. It takes some time, lots of tweaking (for example, i had to save my image upsidedown for it to properly print with Word) but it's worth it! They say time is money and I sure did save a few pennies here ;) I'm gonna make my own invitations as well and will use again the same feel as I did for the STD cards.

I live in Canada, so I bought my paper at Staples. I know there's some paper that is precut for the right postcard format, but I just used heavy paper and bought a big pile so I have left overs for my invitations.

I used a laser printer but a injet one should be alright! Just make sure you get those spray they sell in art supplies store that protect prints because the ink might get off a bit.

Each of my document created 4 postcards, btw!

Hope that helps :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i got about two sentences into this and got so confused i stopped reading! lol! Ill just hope that FI printing guy gets back with me in the next couple days. I found a couple of save the date digital files on etsy for $12-20, and i can just print them myself.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_save-the-dates-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ecc8e74c-9ff0-44ce-b8a3-ee9a7a855fdaPost:d7015f4a-a909-4396-be46-7e3ecdd1638d">Re: Save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Save the dates : Thank you! :) Actually, on the front, i used Photoshop and then I used Word and I created a two page document that i printed on one sheet (recto-verso). On each page I made a 4-cell table. On the first page, I inserted the image created with Photoshop in each cell and on the second page, I put the little image of the newlyweds and the infos as well as the lines for the address. It takes some time, lots of tweaking (for example, i had to save my image upsidedown for it to properly print with Word) but it's worth it! They say time is money and I sure did save a few pennies here ;) I'm gonna make my own invitations as well and will use again the same feel as I did for the STD cards. I live in Canada, so I bought my paper at Staples. I know there's some paper that is precut for the right postcard format, but I just used heavy paper and bought a big pile so I have left overs for my invitations. I used a laser printer but a injet one should be alright! Just make sure you get those spray they sell in art supplies store that protect prints because the ink might get off a bit. Each of my document created 4 postcards, btw! Hope that helps :)
    Posted by SnowWhiteMontreal[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Awww... Sorry =/ Well, I hope everything will go the way you want with the printing guy and the etsy files!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards