Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

One venue with only wine/champagne or with full bar other differences

I am having a small wedding and need to decide on one of two venues.

One is at historic side, picturesque, overall a fantastic place to take pictures, it has some personal connection because I went to schoo in this faciltiy, a california mission. Only wine/champagne. Is alcohol a big deal for a wedding of 50. I have to bring in a caterer and rentals and pay a site fee.  Near a busy street. Some other minor restrictions because it is a historic place.It will be more work for me.

Other is at small country club on golf course, they do it all. I can bring in my own cake with no extra fee for cutting it. Full Bar. There is no rental.Hotels are not as close. Can decorate as I like, flowers, etc. No noise ordinance.

What to do? They would be nice weddings but very differnt.

Cost is almost the same for both.

Re: One venue with only wine/champagne or with full bar other differences

• Options
    I don't think that only having wine and champagne would be a big deal.   I wouldn't pick or not pick a venue based on that.   The other factors (restrictions of it being a historic site, not close to hotels, etc) would have more sway with me.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I would go with whatever you think will give you fewer headaches. 
  • Options
    I think that only wine/champagne for a wedding of 50 isn't that big a deal, so I wouldn't base the decision on that.  I'm in Los Angeles -- what are the two venues?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_one-venue-with-only-winechampagne-or-with-full-bar-other-differences?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:15b0cc7d-b10f-4c5d-b524-2e6358715587Post:bf395ef8-edcc-4cef-ad9a-046966e4d5d9">Re:One venue with only wine/champagne or with full bar other differences</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, do you want a party atmosphere with lots of music and an open bar, or something <strong>more refined with a vintage feel and a calmer vibe</strong>? We can't tell you which type of wedding you will like more.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Ah, Stage Manager alas you quell my nerves without even trying.... We are doing wine/champagne only and I was worried that it may be one the lame/boring side but you put it so perfectly in line with the <em>exact </em>tone I was going for. Happy, happy, joy, joy....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree w/PP. Determine the vibe you want to give. Persoanlly I'm all for the venue that provides more which means less work for you. The less you have to deal with, the less stressful your preparations will be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards