Nevada-Las Vegas

Cake vendor question

So I decided to go with Marie's Bakery, a vendor with COF for our cake in order to avoid the $2/person cake cutting fee.  I didnt see them on the Vegasgroom site for reviews though.  Anyone have any experience with them?  I guess it doesn't matter at this point, but it would rest my mind a little to know that the cake we're spending a chunk of money of for just a nibble will actually be worth it!  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake vendor question

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cake-vendor-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f15b1a1d-249d-4408-961a-0e341bcfd7a1Post:01e25f42-ec3e-409d-b7ca-55486634fa13">Cake vendor question</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I decided to go with Marie's Bakery, a vendor with COF for our cake in order to avoid the $2/person cake cutting fee.  I didnt see them on the Vegasgroom site for reviews though.  Anyone have any experience with them?  I guess it doesn't matter at this point, but it would rest my mind a little to know that the cake we're spending a chunk of money of for just a nibble will actually be worth it!  :)
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]

look on google reviews, yelp or tripadvisor
  • their cakes look really good... too bad they don't make cupcakes..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Cake vendor question:[QUOTE]their cakes look really good... too bad they don't make cupcakes.. Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE
    I agree! We were going to do cupcakes from Retro, but found out if we went with a different vendor, we'd be charged thd cake cutting fee...for cupcakes!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  I just booked my cake through the chapel to avoid the $3.5/pp cutting fee too!! I was talking with Freed's and Canaletto and that extra fee just pushed it out of budget.. What kind are you getting?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2013
    "Cake cutting fee" also includes things like plates, forks, and washing those dishes, so that's why you sometimes have to pay it even if you have cupcakes. It's really more like "cake labor fee". :)
  • We decided on one tier being white with raspberry filling and the other tier will be chocolate with mocha filling. Buttercream frosting! Hope those flavors work okay, hehe. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We decided on one tier being white with raspberry filling and the other tier will be chocolate with mocha filling. Buttercream frosting! Hope those flavors work okay, hehe. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Were doing a marble with raspberry one tier, which was a compromise. If it were up to me it'd be chocolate with chocolate covered in chocolate..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Dear lord I just noticed all my duplicate posts....damn cell phone! Mobile Knot doesn't work so well for me sometimes, lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards