Nevada-Las Vegas

Regarding cake and my very small budget

So PYP is out for my date based on the news they are moving!  Boo (but thanks for the heads up).  Now we're leaning towards a more traditional cake but our budget is more 'cupcake' friendly lol.  I have emailed quite a few places (mentioned here and found via google :)) and I'm having a hard time getting responses.  I know when it comes down to it I'll call but I'm curious....is it possible to feed approx 40 people cake for $200 bucks?  I am flexible and don't want any extra decorations.  Just no fodant and white- hopefully 2 tiers.  What did you pay for cake (and from where) and how many people did it feed?  I fyou haven't had your wedding yet where did you book, how much are you paying and how many people is it supposed to feed?Thanks!

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
Photobucket
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates

Re: Regarding cake and my very small budget

• if you want to go a less traditional route, I've heard fabulous things about albertson's cakes (one of the local supermarkets) might be worth looking it to
  • I'm not using them for my wedding (only because the cake is included in my package) but try Freed's Bakery.  Yes the maybe known for their more extravagant cakes but they  also have budget friendly ones too!  I recently helped a guest get a two tier cake that only ended up costing around $140 (including tax and delivery!) and it was for their wedding reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I paid Retro $220 for my cake and cupcakes for 40.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my cake at Cake Designs Las Vegas & can't say enough good things about them. It was about $200 delivered & it was to feed 26 people, but we had A LOT left over. Like, half of the bottom tier (2 tier cake). I  ate on it for a good 2 weeks after the wedding! It saved really well in the fridge too & was delicious & really pretty. Communication was pretty good with them. I sent some inspiration pics & specified colors & that was all they needed! We went traditional with white cake & bavarian cream filling on one tier & cream cheese filling on the other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Marie's Bakery and they are charging me 250 for a two tier cake to serve 35-40.  I only have 15 guests but I want everyone to take a piece home in addition to eating one at the reception :)  I did a tasting at Marie's in August and they are fantastic! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I too have saw a few great things about Albertsons.  I would check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_regarding-cake-and-my-very-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f63ebec5-4742-474d-868b-afb797c11252Post:3d977609-96cd-47e6-afd5-32a921ca9061">Re: Regarding cake and my very small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my cake at Cake Designs Las Vegas & can't say enough good things about them. It was about $200 delivered & it was to feed 26 people, but we had A LOT left over. Like, half of the bottom tier (2 tier cake). I  ate on it for a good 2 weeks after the wedding! It saved really well in the fridge too & was delicious & really pretty. Communication was pretty good with them. I sent some inspiration pics & specified colors & that was all they needed! We went traditional with white cake & bavarian cream filling on one tier & cream cheese filling on the other.
    Posted by themrsJRD[/QUOTE]

Beautiful cake!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!!  It helps hearing it may be possible on my budget to still enjoy some good cake!

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • OMG I looove your cake lol did you have a planning bio?  I just love love love your LV wedding!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_regarding-cake-and-my-very-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f63ebec5-4742-474d-868b-afb797c11252Post:3d977609-96cd-47e6-afd5-32a921ca9061">Re: Regarding cake and my very small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my cake at Cake Designs Las Vegas & can't say enough good things about them. It was about $200 delivered & it was to feed 26 people, but we had A LOT left over. Like, half of the bottom tier (2 tier cake). I  ate on it for a good 2 weeks after the wedding! It saved really well in the fridge too & was delicious & really pretty. Communication was pretty good with them. I sent some inspiration pics & specified colors & that was all they needed! We went traditional with white cake & bavarian cream filling on one tier & cream cheese filling on the other.
    Posted by themrsJRD[/QUOTE]
  • We had our reception at Le Village Buffet this past Tuesday 9/11 and the hotel made our cake.  2 tier for 30 people and it was $175.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_regarding-cake-and-my-very-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f63ebec5-4742-474d-868b-afb797c11252Post:f6114c54-f1a1-467c-b872-1143d8145c4a">Re: Regarding cake and my very small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I looove your cake lol did you have a planning bio?  I just love love love your LV wedding! In Response to Re: Regarding cake and my very small budget :
    Posted by MEMSJQ[/QUOTE]

<div>MEMSJQ & PlatinumBride, thanks!! That cake was awesome. :-) I have been working on finishing my bio lately, here is the link:</div><div><a href="http://www.mywedding.com/thedavilasdovegas" rel="nofollow">www.mywedding.com/thedavilasdovegas</a></div><div>
    </div><div>It'll be a work in progress for awhile!! However, we are hopefully going back to Vegas next June & I would really like to do some of the things we didn't get to do when there fro the wedding, like a strip photo tour & a trash the dress shoot :-) </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards