Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

may 15 reviews

Ok guys, finally put some reviews together for my past wedding. Overall the ceremony was beautiful, but the trip as a whole was very stressful and hectic. I ended up getting food poisoning the evening before the wedding after eating at the Sherwood Cafe in Excalibur, and was sick all through the night. I felt miserable the day of the wedding. =( I wish I could re-do the weekend and not be sick. It was hard too because we felt everyone was wanting us to do something with them, and we didnt get ANY alone time. I regret that. Anyways, here are my reviews for May 15 wedding Mgm Grand Forever Grand Wedding Chapel- A+ - My wedding coordinator was Laura Wright. We visited the chapel 2 days prior to check it out, and meet our coordinator the first time. She was very nice and the chapel was much more beautiful than the pictures online. The forever grand was very accommodating to us and our wants. We were allowed to change flowers with no issue. I selected 12 hand tied roses with a black ribbon, instead of the cascade bouquet. They were sooo beautiful. I am pressing them now and will turn them into a piece of art. The officiant met with both of us prior to the ceremony, and he was also very nice to me and my dad. The ceremony went off perfectly, and I was very pleased with it. I would not have changed one thing about the ceremony. Cashman photography- A - our package included 24 photos-12 color and 12 black and white. Their photographer took us to their studio for about 15 minutes after the ceremony. The photographer was very informative and the pictures turned out soo beautiful. We didn't buy anything additional though as they were incredibly expensive. Cake Designs LV - A++ - we worked with Dawn, and she is soooo awesome. She offered us a price half of what MGM quoted, and took a picture I gave her and made the cake exactly like the picture. The morning it was to be delivered she called me and said she had extra red roses and if I wanted them on my cake, at no extra charge! I said yes!! The cake was marble with strawberry filling and was sooo moist and delicious! It looked better than the picture I had given her! Albertsons - F - We used Albertsons party planning website to order several very large sandwich, fruit, and veggie platters for our in suite reception. We ordered them 8 days prior to the wedding, they ask for a 24 hour notice-we gave them plenty of time. They were to be picked up at the store on 1300 E Flamingo Rd. at 10am the morning of the wedding. My husband went to the store and they first were trying to tell him that we ordered hot wings on our order, and he told them no we did not. They began to argue with him that they were sure we did order hot wings. He pulled up the confirmation email on his phone with the confirmation number and details to our order to show what we ordered. The deli person then called up the manager and the manager ran to the back in a hurry, then came back out and said they never received the order on their side, and asked if we placed it online this morning? Again, husband shows the email which lists a date 8 days prior. The manager runs to the back again and comes back out and says sorry, our system did not accept the order and we do not have it ready. They did nothing else at that point to make up for it. What horrible customer service! I told husband not to worry about it, and he left. We didn't end up feeding our guests due to this-but they were all understanding of the situation. I would NEVER reccomend them to anyone! MGM Grand Celebrity Spa Suite- A - Upon checking in we told the lady at the desk we were getting married in their chapel, and asked if there was any way she can provde us the room with the best view. She was very nice and did just that. We were on the 26th floor, and had a view of the excalibiur , nyny, and the new city center. The suite was very very nice, although the decorating seems to be a bit dated. The jacuzzi in the bathroom was wonderful, and the bed was very soft and comfortable. The little bar area in the room was nice, but the mini fridge looked like it was from the 80's. I liked the MGM, and would stay here again. NYNY Hotel Park Avenue Deluxe - We stayed her on our first night in Vegas. I loved this room. We have a room with a strip view, and the room was decorated very well. Very modern and contemporary. Very nice bathroom too. Nothing looked cheap, everything was classy. I would definately stay here again. CLS Limousine- B - We had a round trip limo ride to and from the courthouse. It was a nice ride, although the air conditioning in the limo was broken, and just blew out hot air. Made it pretty uncomforable. Christophe Salon & Spa- A - I had my hair and airbrush make up done at the MGM's world renowned Christophe Salon. A man did my hair, and I showed him a photo of what I wanted, and my hair came out exactly like the photo! It lasted pretty much the whole night. After the hair appointment I had my makeup done there as well. The appointment for the makeup was a bit behind, so I did have to wait a while. I paid the extra $25 for the airbrush makeup, and was very happy with the results. I really liked how I looked after it all, but wish they would have used some kind of makeup and eyeshadow primer. My eyeshadow ended up creasing. The Christophe salon was very contemorary looking, very nice inside. Southwest - B - Nothing out of the ordinary for Southwest airlines. I ended up getting someone to drive my dress down, so I didn't have to carry it on. Flight to Vegas was kind of scary as there was a lot of turbulence and at one point in time the plane must've dropped like 50 ft as it turned sideways and everyone grabbed the arm rests and screamed...that was pretty scary. I was happy to land. Flight on the way back was better, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: may 15 reviews

• Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Food poisoning the day before your wedding?!?! You are a trooper. Good thing you made it though, despite feeling terrible.

Thanks for sharing your reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing wow you had an adventure! So sorry you were so sick that sucks!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that you were sick and about the other bumps in the road : (  Thanks for sharing your review.s
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you were so sick. One of my bridesmaids came down with the flu the morning she flew out, so I spent a lot of time trying to nurse her back to health.

Congratulations though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! The ceremony was perfect in spite of everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Sorry to hear you were sick but koodo's on being such a trooper on your wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww what a raw deal, but I'm glad it all worked out for the best. Congratulations on your perfect ceremony!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you were sick. That was seriously one of my biggest fears-- getting food poisoning right before my wedding!
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Nicole...that's awful about the food poisoning and boo for Albertson's to boot.  But, it sounds like the rest of your trip was very nice and on the bright side, you're now a Mrs.!  Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards