North Carolina
Options

Angus Barn

Has anyone been married at the Angus Barn or attended a wedding at the Angus Barn?
Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.

Re: Angus Barn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashstwrt had her wedding and reception there and it was beautiful.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i would be very concerned about an outdoor reception with no air conditioning as hot as this summer has been.  i think people can endure and hour for the wedding but to add on another 3-4 hours would make me think twice as a guest about how long to stay.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married there on May 8th of this year and it was fabulous! I think I'm the only regular on this board that has had their wedding at Angus Barn.  Another knottie (emcardillo I think) is getting married there sometime in the near future.  Do you have questions for me? 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a large fundraising event there last January and it was great.  It was an evening event and it was really beautiful.  FI and I looked at it for our reception, but it just was not in our budget or I think we would have chosen it.  It's a great venue with a lot of character and, as a person who grew up in Raleigh, I think it would be a really great place to have your wedding and/or reception.
  • Options
    KateeamberKateeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this location but I have emailed the contact and I have not heard back regarding pricing. I was wondering if anyone had information or atleast a range for rental of this venue.

Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They're better by phone, usually, so I'd suggest calling.  I added an extra hour to the usual rental time, so I'm not 100% positive, but I think the regular rate was $1750 for 4 hours.  You can either rent it during the day (11am-3pm) or night (6-10pm).  That includes use of the pavilion, tables/chairs, linens/napkins, dishes/utensils, use of audio equipment, staff/servers, centerpieces if you choose to use theirs, etc.  Food is additional and they have several menus (or you can sort of design your own, which is what I did) and it's a "per person" price.  Let me know if you have other questions!
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    emcardilloemcardillo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in March. :) It's beautiful!! I can give you some names and numbers of contact ppl if you'd like. I don't have the full cost of mine yet bc I have not set my menu, but there is a $15,000 minimum that includes everything except the deposit... all food, drinks (alcoholic and not), taxes, gratuities, rental of the space for 4 hours, clean up, set up, tables chairs, linen, etc. Once I went to visit there, I knew it was it. :) Very pricey, but it's going to be worth every penny. The people there are great and the food is spectacular! You will not be disappointed. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there last year & it was so nice! Great location. Amazing food! I looked into it for us..but can't affor it :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards