Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Payments in full before services rendered...?

Does anyone have any reservations about paying in full before services are rendered?  I know some vendors want the last payment a couple weeks before your wedding and just curious if anyone has asked the vendor if they can pay the day of the wedding. 

My FI’s brother just got married a couple weeks ago and his dad was writing checks that night so I thought I’d ask if has had similar experiences.

Thanks in advance.    

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Payments in full before services rendered...?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We only paid one or two of our vendors day-of, and that was only because they wanted cash; the rest needed the full balance paid typically a few weeks to a month in advance and the few who didn't that let me pay them early, I paid early since I didn't want to deal with it day-of.  I paid everyone with credit card if possible so there'd be a record and some recourse if anything had not worked out.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had to complete payments on all the ceremony-related items, including photo and video. 60 days out. The only day-of payment I had was for the hair and MU artist. The reception charges were applied to the suite so we paid at check out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_payments-full-before-services-rendered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f809bcd4-321d-45a6-b946-c97ad69042d1Post:d45f64f3-79f4-4330-b3fd-99b5b87550ed">Re: Payments in full before services rendered...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We only paid one or two of our vendors day-of, and that was only because they wanted cash; the rest needed the full balance paid typically a few weeks to a month in advance and the few who didn't that let me pay them early, I paid early since I didn't want to deal with it day-of.  I paid everyone with credit card if possible so there'd be a record and some recourse if anything had not worked out.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_payments-full-before-services-rendered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f809bcd4-321d-45a6-b946-c97ad69042d1Post:d45f64f3-79f4-4330-b3fd-99b5b87550ed">Re: Payments in full before services rendered...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We only paid one or two of our vendors day-of, and that was only because they wanted cash; the rest needed the full balance paid typically a few weeks to a month in advance and the few who didn't that let me pay them early, I paid early since I didn't want to deal with it day-of.  I paid everyone with credit card if possible so there'd be a record and some recourse if anything had not worked out.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Same here with paying full in advance and the use of CC.

</div>
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be nervous if I didn't know anything about them.  Luckily TK has helped me weed through and find the good ones.  No one really wanted full payment up front.  We're on monthly payments for photog.  Everyone else has been 10-50% down (50% ony for smaller costs under $500), full payment 1-4 weeks prior.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're only a few weeks into planning, but we've booked our ceremony, photographer, and caterer.  Paid 50% deposists for photography and catering, but Caesars wanted it all upfront.  I was a little caught off guard, but went along with it anyway.  One less thing to square up before the wedding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Most who we've booked so far want some sort of deposit which is fine. Then a couple months before the wedding abother payment. Last payment is a couple weeks before the wedding. CC are definitely being used and true about one less thing to worry the day of. Thanks again everyone! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Use the same credit card.. we have racked up some serious points!!
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My final payments are due next week, 30 days ahead of the ceremony.  Masterpiece Cuisine, Francesca, Travis are all due the week prior to the wedding.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards