North Carolina
Options

Greensboro SMALL venues

Hi Everyone! 

I have been posting on the MD board b/c my fiance and I were going to be getting married in Ocean City, MD.  That is getting a little complicated and we are thinking about scaling the WHOLE thing way back and having a very small (20 people) wedding with a nice dinner. Then if our families would like to include other parts of the family (or family friends) in a celebration they will hold it in our hometowns.  As we are preparing to scale this down I am having a hard time finding small wedding venues in Greensboro. 

I am thinking about the small pavilion at the O'henry hotel but would like a few other suggestions?  Also, if I have it my way it will only be about $5,000 from start to finish. 

Sorry this is so long.  Thanks for all of your help.  I never thought wedding planning would be this CRAZY!

Re: Greensboro SMALL venues

• Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha wedding planning is NUTS! Good luck with it all. :)

I was just at a very lovely wedding at the Women's Club of Greensboro. The house held 60+, but is definitely smaller (there were only 40 seats inside + a dance floor, and the food- heavy hors d'oeuvres- was in another room.) I think a dinner for 20 would be lovely there, the house is gorgeous and parking is very convenient. And the food was awesome!

Also, if you have only 20 people and you're  not totally set on the whole DJ/Dancing thing, you should definitely look into restaurants with private rooms. I'm not too familiar with Greensboro, but most larger restaurants should have something like that.

Good luck!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Off the top of my head I know there are a couple cute bed and breakfasts/inns in Greensboro that would be perfect.  There was one I was considering for the rehearsal dinner, but can't remember the name off the top of my head.  A quick search of b&bs shows these:

http://www.thetwinlakeslodge.com/packagesn.html (has pricing info)

http://www.oakridgebandb.com/weddings.cfm

http://www.thegroomeinn.com/weddings/index.html

I didn't find the one I was thinking of, but I'll look later and let you know if I can find it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any venues, but I just wanted to say good luck and welcome to the board! :o)

Oh, and the $5k can definitely be done... definitely. Our budget was $5k, and we ended up spending about $7k-$8k... I stopped keeping up with it after awhile, but we had 80 people, so it can definitely be done. :o)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the cost, but I really wanted to use the Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, it's amazing, just too far from our ceremony site. 
  • Options
    FutureMrsP23FutureMrsP23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kress Terrace is very nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dizzibloomdizzibloom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Outside or Indoors?
    You can rent a Gazebo at a park for a pretty inexpensive fee, and then go out for a nice dinner somewhere... a lot of places would give you a private room for that. I waited tables a few years ago at cafe pasta, and they did that all the time.

You could really cut costs that way.

Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards