Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bently & Wilson brides!!

I love thier work and want to hire them but I am not sure what package I should get. I have not booked my venue yet (see post below) but I am sure where ever it is I will not be allowed to have outside photography and I'm okay with that. I know I want to go up and down the strip to take some pictures but what I really want is to go to the neon graveyard. I have no idea how long all of this will take but I know I will only want to take pictures for 2-3 hours. There is no reception so time is not an issue. What do y'all think??

Re: Bently & Wilson brides!!

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you contacted the Neon Museum?  They're still not open to the public so you have to arrange a time to have your photoshoot, and I think the latest time slot is around 5PM and it's only open on certain days.  You also have to pay a fee to shoot there.  Also their timeslots book up pretty quickly (speaking from experience) so if this is definitely something you want to do, you'll want to start looking into it ASAP.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    n82ureluvr915n82ureluvr915 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I'll contact them ASAP. :)
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    No problem!  And I fully believe that it's worth the extra money to shoot there - our wedding was at a golf course so we didn't get the Vegas feel in our wedding pics, which is why we decided to do our TTD session at the boneyard.  So much fun!!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    edited December 2011
    We did the 2-hr tour with him for our Epics and we got 420 pics back on the disc from him!
  • Options
    ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey direy25 - How trashed did your dress get? We are having an 8:30pm Ceremony so i was hoping to do the strip tour and boneyard shoot before. My dress is short so it won't touch the ground, and i have time to fix my make-up. Am i crazy?

princessannie12  - Sorry to hijack your post but maybe the answer will help your shedule and timing too.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Honestly it wasn't anymore "trashed" than it was after the reception. The bottom was already pretty dirty after dancing all night, so if you have a short dress you should be fine! The only thing I'd be worried about is how hot it is (don't know when your wedding is) because of the sweat factor. Hope that helps!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you decide to do a strip tour instead of the boneyard, keep in mind that travelling from photo stop to photo stop eats up a lot of time for your photography. (If you use a limo to get from stop to stop)

I would plan for more time than less. 
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We originally booked 2 hours strip tour but then changed to 3 hours. Turns out the 3 hour tour was perfect. We did Bellagio, Venetian, Mandalay Bay, LV sign and Fremont St.  We used a limo and driver was great getting us to/from all locations. Todd was in communication with limo drive throughout photo shoot so there was not wasted time.
  • Options
    ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks direy25  it's in May and i have time de-sweat myself and my FI before our wedding i just didn't want to ruin the dress before the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards