Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Anyone price out the diff. between In-Suite or Rest. Reception per the following?

-For about 40-50 people

-The Suite being about $500 a night and getting it for 2 nights.

-Open Bar for the night

-All decor included

-Music included

-Room Rental fee

I think that's it.  Was it a decent amount less in the end to do the In-Suite or was it pretty comparable to doing it at a restuarant?

Re: Anyone price out the diff. between In-Suite or Rest. Reception per the following?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They will both probably run you at least $2k.  You're killing me with all of these threads lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, sorry, I'm killing myself!  I promise no more for awhile:)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember to add the cost of a hotel room for yourselves to the restaurant reception if you're doing a straight price comparison, since the suite does double duty.  We made the suite even more economical by hosting two additional meals out of it on top of the ceremony and reception.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Could be close to the same amount but that really depends on how many people you have at the reception.

Our's is going to cost about $1000 less than having at a restaurant but my guest list is 70-90.  We are doing the Stardust suite at the Orleans.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For my reception in the Vista suite for 60 guests including MP Cruisine, cake, booze, and the room for 2 nights= about $40pp. I really don't know how a restaurant can be any cheaper for that number of people.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@dvohnout - Your MC pp was just $20 though right?  Is that cause you guys did 4 apps instead of 6?  We've been quoted $25 pp out the door for the 6 app option. 

Then I estimated the alcohol for 40-50 ppl to be $400, do you think we could get away with less than that for people that drink a decent amount?

The Suite right now for us is pretty high, without a coupon code the Vista total is $1,098 and Aria's is $1,120. 

So for all this as of now, and it doesn't even include the cake, we're at about $63 pp.  Which is more than I was anticipating:(

• Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I have actually just been doing price comparisons for this tonight, and even with the cheapest restauramt we could find, which was Firefly, our in-suite will cost us 2K less than the restaurant.

We have the Vista Suite for 2 nights, expecting about 60 guests, serving six dishes from Masterpiece Cuisine, hiring a bartender from Absolute Beverage, and buying our own alcohol...comes to about 3K.

Firely would cost about 5K after you consider music, tax, gratuity, and the fact that we still need a hotel room to sleep in.  And its one of the cheapest options as far as restaurants go.

So I guess its up to you whether 2-3 thousand dollars is worth it or not depending on your budget.  If we had the extra couple thousand we would do it, but we just don't have it.

P.S.  It may or may not matter in the comparison, but I should note that we are not paying for ou wedding cake cus a friend is making it. :)

"That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I just read your response to dvohonut, and my advse is to make sure that when you compare per person prices that you include the tax and gratuity at the restaurant.  It greatly changes the price, when you consider that your price from masterpiece INCLUDES tax and grat.  With a price of $60 pp for 60 guests, tax and grat add another thousand dollars.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for all the posts but I forgot to add that I have 6 options from MC, and it's only $20.  Maybe you just have some more pricey selections chosen?  If you tell Scott you want to keep it at 20, he will help you choose other options, and you can still have 6.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@ginamarie - First thank you! That was very helpful.  Well that's weird on the PP at MC being $5 more for us, cause we picked all the basic items off their menu which are brushetta, crab cakes, mini-sliders, burboun chicken, Jack Daniels Meatballs cedar plank shrimp which are all under their "Traditional" section.  Unless some of those are more for some reason?  But I already signed the contract so I wonder if they'd change it anyways due to that..

Yes saving 2-3 grand definitely is something that interests us, we are paying for most of the wedding ourselves and we are by no means in the money, I work in insurance and FI is a substitute teacher, so yeah budget is my concern.  But of course I still want us to have a nice wedding. 

I wasn't factoring in the cake into that price either.  That's awesome that you have a friend for that, very nice.  Again, thanks for all your insight!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome :)
    I remember Scott telling me that we could change the menu all the way up until like 30 days out, so you could try asking if there are any options you could choose that would bring the price down a bit.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am just throwing this out there as I am a very very budget conscious bride!  We looked into a suite reception but decided on having the reception at the Studio B Buffet for a couple of reasons......

- the price for what you get is unbeatable
    - we are using timeshare for acommodation so didn't want to spend the extra money on a suite when accommodation was already taken care of
    - my FI is vegan, I and a number of guests are vegetarian, some guests hate seafood and others would eat anything so the buffet was the best selection choice. When we looked at catering and other rests there were very few vege choices and I didn't want to have some guests limited to only being able to eat one or two things on the table
    - they could accommodate a wedding cake from their inhouse bakery which was great and not as much $wise as I thought
    - beer and wine is included so we only have to pay for spirits and champagne which wont be much due to most people drinking beer and wine or not at all!
    - no clean up or food smells in the room after the party is over!
    - and they have been great to work with so far!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we had originally planned on a restaurant reception (yolos) but after having problems with them and them not letting us book until 3 months out...we decided on an insuite. We have kids coming and some older relatives and we wanted something family friendly. Also my dad is having a fit about the suit so he wants to change clothes after the wedding....i figured people could go change before the reception and they can wear whatever they like there.

And like pp...tax and gratuity were going to kill us...

Still keeping fingers crossed about Aria....if it isn't big enough Im going to look into maybe another suite...but Im for sure staying with an insuite..
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Updated - Scott at MC gave me the reasons why prices can be different for the same menu someone else may have, PM me if you want to know what those reasons are.

This whole process is starting to get disheartening.  I told FI last night, screw it, let's just go to the Courthouse, which is so not me.  He of course is on board with the money we'd save.  I think I'd regret it later in life, but maybe not too. And some of our guests would be extremely disappointed as they are looking forward to this.  Well let's hope the scouting trip goes better than I expect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The package that we are getting with maggianos is about 40 pp without open bar. But that includes a TON of food and also sodas. You could get the Calabria room which I think has a 3k minimum and any bar purchases will go TOWARDS your toom minimum. Also your cake will as well. I know you probably prefer to have open bar but when I talked about it with my friends and family they told me that people expect to pay for booze at weddings usually unless the people are super rich (haha)

So say your food was 2k + cake and whatever extra the bar would probably cover it.  But also add intax and grat. We chose this route since we would be able to have a nice place, with good food, and we dont have to worry about cleaning up after :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think our price was $16 pp for 4 apps for 60 people including tax, gratuity, delivery etc. If I had to do over, I would have told Scott 50 ppl and had 1 or 2 more options.

We only spent 300 on drinks for 60 ppl. This was for beer, champagne, and a few bottles of hard alcohol, some 2 L of soda, and bottled water. Our cake was $300 for 60 ppl and honestly we had like half of the huge bottom layer left over. You could also go cheaper w/ cucakes.

The other thing I liked about the insuite is that you party as long as you want. Our reception lasted 5+ hours which is not likely to happen at a restaurant without spending $$.

There is no cost for music or a dj. The suite has built in speakers & we brought our ipod. Super easy.

Oh and it is one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in, so it was nice to be pampered during out wedding week. You can always book the room under one price, and if the price goes down, you can call and adjust it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now we are at about $1350 with food + suite. We are also doing cupcakes with a small round cake for our cake topper. We are going to get booze, water & pop...Im budgeting for about $200 for cupcakes and maybe $300for drinks...so a total of around $1850...and I couldn't find a restaurant with a minimum under $2000 and like dvohnout said...it lasts as long as you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just wanted to add.....It also depends on what type of feel you want for your reception. IMO. I know that I would not have guest STILL talking about the view of the Vegas Strip if I had gone with a restaurant. I think if you want a more relaxed atmosphere and have some finger foods and drinks then the Vista (Or any other Suite) are the way to go. If you want a more traditional sit down dinner etc...then a restaurant is going to be more up your ally. IMO.

2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@Junebug - So what is that pp for food then? Are you guys getting the suite 2 nights or just the one? I thought for some reason you got it for 2. Cause for me for the 2 nights at Aria at $560 each, that's $1,120 right there, and then for $25 pp (our price) based off 40 people for food that's $1,000, totaling $2,120, and that's just food and the suite.

Are you not counting the night before into your total maybe?

Thanks for everyone's responses, Maggiano's is something I'm def. looking into as well.  BTW, they just told me today they are switching over to Freeds as their preferred baker vendor soon. 

@Stinker, totally agree, that's something we need to talk more about too.  Hopefully after the Scouting trip, I'll have a way better idea of what fits us more.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding off strip at a Mexican resturant and we paid 18 pp tax and gratuity included they had no minimums and we had about 95 people I don't remember what the final count but I know we paid under 1800 and that was for buffet style, unlimited soda, coffee, tea. We had the room booked for as long as we wanted until they closed which is like midnight or 11. My Dj was amazing and he was only 200 dollars for 6 hours but that's price or was his price for unlimited hours anyways. My cake was a gift but I believe it was a little over 300 to feed a 100. So for your size party it would be half that.. I don't know if anything helps you lol I was trying to let you know there are other options you just gotta dig deep sometimes. I didn't find this place until 3 months before my wedding.  I am sure if you keep looking you may find a resturant that will work for you or a suite that will work with you good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Nina did your guest pay for drinks?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just a thought, but have you considered renting a house off strip? 

Our Best Man rented a huge house for 2 nights (usually 3 nights min.) and held the bachelor party and another guy's night party there.  I think he paid $350/nt and it had 4 bedrooms, 2 jacuzzi's a pool, pool table, koi pond, etc.

It worked out great because no one had to drive after all the drinking and those that cabbed it said the cab fare was only $20 each way - and the place was out by Sunrise Mountain. (Great view of the Strip!)

It might be an affordable option and then have MC cater it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards