North Carolina
Options

Good Morning!

Today kind of feels like Monday to me. 

I took DH to work yesterday & on the way home I noticed a red car was following me. I was a little freaked out so when we pulled into the apartment complex I decided not to drive to our apartment. I went to the guest parking area where the mail box is since it's a higher traffic area. Somebody came & knocked on the window & it was DH! Apparently the power was off at work so they were sending everyone home. He tried to flag me down to stop but I didn't see him & my phone was off. He caught a ride with a friend at work that doesn't live too far from us, he said they tried beeping at me but I didn't hear it. I felt like a complete idiot once I found out what was really going on. It was nice for him to have yesterday off because we were able to get a lot done around the apartment. He is supposed to have Friday off but I'm pretty sure he'll have to work to make up for yesterday :-/

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty funny, Krystal! I'm glad it was just your DH & not some creepo. And yay for unexpected days off.

Nothing too exciting happening with me today. I'm working on getting photos of all the leftover wedding goodies I need to sell so that I can get them listed on my wedding site (and hopefully find them a new home). I also have to pack for my trip to San Diego this weekend for my grandparent's memorial service. It'll be nice to see family members that couldn't make it to the wedding (and hopefully get a break from this crazy heat).

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Options
    SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Krystal - That IS a funny story! 

Brandy - I can't wait to see what goodies you will have...I'm paying close attention to any last minute things I should pick up

FMIL helped me with centerpieces last night.  I think we only lack about 5...that's a huge relief.  Having an extra set of hands for 3.5 hours really helped me out a lot. 

Next Friday we are going to pick up our marriage license.  WOWZA! That's when you know you're getting close!!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday and rest of the week!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011

Wow Krystal, I would have been freaking out too. So glad it was your DH and not a crazy person.

Brandy, your stuff for your wedding was so creative and cute, I'm sure it will sell fast! :o)

Yay Malea for centerpeices, I need to get started on mine... blah. I just have NO time to do anything, I always have something planned like every single day.

Nothing too exciting going on with me tonight, I'm meeting with the 2nd photographer we hired and that's really it.

OH! I mailed out our invites last week, and I had 5 rsvps in the mail yesterday... all yes! :o)

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies! Krystal, I agree- glad it was DH! Smart thinking though, not going directly to your apartment. :)

We're hopefully going to the beach this weekend (sorta depends on work, which is a long, frustrating story) which I am really looking forward to. Why is it only Tuesday? But anyway, hopefully I will know soon if I have to work or not so we can make definitive plans.

My invitations were just UPS'd from the stationer we're using so they should be here soon! I am so excited to see them.

Yay RSVPs Holly! Gotta love those on-the-ball people that mail them back right away!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have been freaked out too! Good thinking not to drive to your place even if it did end up being your DH.  By the way I see everyone on here using first names. I am learning them and matching them to screen names. Mine is pretty obvious from my screen name...Jenni.

I hope everyone has a good day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! 

FI cut about 15 wine bottles for our centerpieces this weekend, so only about 30 more to go.  And I found that Michaels now has their fake fall leaves in so I bought a bunch of those.  I was able to put an entire CP together, with theleaves, fake flowers, and flameless candles, and it looked great.  Will try to post pic later.  Now I just have to take the mock up to the florist and see if she can provide me with any inexpensiv real flowers to use, or if we will have to go with fake.  I also found out that the Dollar Tree has the flameless candles, 2/$1.  I left them on overnight just to see how long they lasted, and 12 hours later they were still going strong. 

Anyway I'm starting to try to get a bunch of the little projects done now, since we are going to be pretty busy starting in August. 

Also --hooray for rain!  I am so tired of the heat! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards