Kansas
Options

Fiancé involvement?

KSUSLPKSUSLP member
First Comment

My fiancé and I just started planning, and are still trying to wrap our heads around this whole wedding idea. I am just curious how involved are other fiancé in the planning process? My fiancé seems to want to help, and he is putting in his input, yet I feel that I should have more of a voice from him.  He says, “Happy wife, Happy life.” But I don’t know if that is just typical of males or not.

Let me hear your input!

Re: Fiancé involvement?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI really isn't too much involved in the planning either. I run ideas by him and  if he doesn't like it, he definitely speaks up, but if he doesn't say anything, I assume he likes it or doesn't hate it, lol. He's in school, so he's busy going to school after he gets off work, so I just do the planning after I get off work. We are doing a destination wedding though, so I don't need much input from him. I am, however, really annoyed that he won't help me pick out wedding colors. I am SO stuck between two color schemes and can't get any help, grrr! He says he's excited for the wedding, but he doesn't care about the details.. I hope it's normal, lol. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is pretty much, it's your day, you're happy, I'm happy. He doesn't really do a lot of the planning. I think it's kind of typical, guys just don't get all excited about this stuff like women.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL That's a nice saying...My FI is rather involved, but over all it's mainly been my ideas, with his input.  If he doesn't like something he lets me know.  As far as invites go, he liked one font more than another, but nobody (parents) other than him liked the font so he didn't get his font.  He wants a Catholic Priest to assist the Episcopal Priest in the ceremony, so he's getting that.  But over all he's pretty relaxed his statement is, "It's your day."  At times I wish he'd do more, but I wouldn't know what to tell him to do. Come the week of the wedding there will be plenty for him to do. (I just read him this and he smiled and nodded)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tboreckytborecky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is perfectly normal for the men to just stay out of the planning. Traditionally, everything is about the bride anyways! I feel so lucky that my fiancé is super involved. I mean, he has suggestions for everything from the ceremony, the centerpieces, the location, and the colors. We have even gone to all of the consultations together. Smile
    Future Mrs. Christopher Carithers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards