Kansas
Options

Venue Search...Please Help!!!

I'm trying to plan my June 2011 wedding anywhere in the Topeka, Lawrence, or KCK (fairly last minute I might add) and I've got a few HUGE problems.  1)I'm currently in California so I'm not able to actually check out any venues or explore other possiblilites.  2)I'VE NEVER BEEN TO KANSAS!!!!  So you see how this makes things very difficult to say the least.  I'm looking for any kind of venue that is all inclusive and can hold about 200-250 guests.  My budget is about 6,000-7,000.  Any and all ideas would be helpful and very, very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance :)

Re: Venue Search...Please Help!!!

• Options
    THorvathTHorvath member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter recently got married and held ceremony and reception at Deer Creek Golf Club in Overland Park, KS.  I highly recommend this location.  They have an all-inclusive package... no hidden fees.  If you have an open bar, which we did, spring for the upgrade to deluxe package - it's inexpensive per person and well worth it.  The food was great and we received many compliments.  With the exception of the event coordinator, everybody was so easy to work with.  Linda was our coordinator and didn't reply to my daughter in a timely manner or follow through on some her requests, which meant I was having to make sure that some things were taken care of on the day of, instead of relying on Linda.  Examples: the room wasn't set up as requested, I realized just before the ceremony, which was outside, that the unity sand was not on the table, but was still in the box, we asked for a podium for the minister, which she forgot about until an hour or two prior to ceremony.  Some of these things may not sound like a big deal, but it's the last thing MOB or bride should be worried about. Tony (chef) and Jon (banquet captain) were awesome!  I should also mention that we coordinated a golf tournament for some of our guests - I worked with Jeff, course manager, who seemed to be more than eager to help us organize a fun tournament.  Another added benefit for this location is Marriott Townplace Suites just across the parking lot (we had a lot of out of town guests).  In short, I would book this place again. There is another coordinator, her name is Obba (that's how it's pronounced anyway) and she was great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you want to go to the missouri side there is a bunch of great art gallaries in the crossroads district. I love all of them!!
  • Options
    JessicadyanJessicadyan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Lawrence, the Ored Hotel is great! Lawrence has a great feel to it too. Very historic with a lot of KU pride mixed in :) I'm getting marriend at the Edridge which is the smaller of the two hotels.

good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stony Point Hall is where we're getting married - great family-owned place.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards