Kansas

EMERGENCY! Reception venue closed by fire martial

Alright knotties, I need you to come to my rescue!

I received an email from my reception venue, the Arts Incubator, yesterday afternoon informing me that they had been closed indefinitely by the fire martial. My wedding is on JUNE 24th! ahhh (16 days away)! I had booked this place over a year ago.

I was really in love with the venue. For those of you who don't know, it has a very unique, urban feel, with an awesome view of downtown KC. We payed $1,200 to book it.  

The Arts Incubator has very liberal food and alcohol policies, and we were allowed to bring in our own caterer and drinks. I have already payed for both the food and the drinks, so I will need a place that allows us to bring these things in.

does anyone have any suggestions? I planned my entire wedding reception around the cool, urban theme of the Arts Incubator. We will have 200 guests, and would like seating for at least 150 of them.

We have looked into the Vox, Drexel Hall, and the Berg (not open on the 24th).

I am super bummed out, but haven't lost hope that I can have the wedding of my dreams!! Trying to keep calm. 

Re: EMERGENCY! Reception venue closed by fire martial

• hstrahlhstrahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Look at Feasts of Fancy in KC, MO.  The location is a little off the beaten trail, but the inside space is urban and lofty.  They also allow you to bring in your own alcohol.  The space is big enough for 300 too.  Good luck!

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but if I would try calling a separate vendor (like if your caterer is separate) and ask if they have ideas.  Vendors will have worked with a variety of venues, so they might be a good bet on this.
  • sleepy20520sleepy20520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you set on being in KC?  i know that the American Legion in lawrence, ks is a great venue!  been to a bunch of weddings there!
    also, we just had our wedding here:

http://wynbrickcenter.com/

• mbeaman913mbeaman913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is Shawnee Town in well, Shawnee. Not cool urban but has liberal food & liquor policies. Also, I just heard of a space with the name Prairie in it - but don't know the details.

Best of luck. Keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards