Kansas

Any experience with plus size dresses and dress shops in Western Ks?

Hi all! I'm from out in the Hays area and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the bridal salons out here - I am a plus size bride (26) and am exceedingly nervous about being able to try on sample dresses. Cupid's Corner here in Hays carries the dress and designer that I like, but I am nervous to go in.  My big fear is that I will be forced to order a dress without trying on a sample; not knowing if the style works on me.
Last year, my friend got our bridesmaid dresses from A Bride's World here in Hays, and I was less than impressed with the alterations (the straps were sewn at awkward angles, there was puckering in the side seams, and they acted like they didn't notice or didn't care and weren't friendly when I brought it up) - so I will not take my business there.
However, I know there is a David's Bridal in Salina and have seen that there are some other dress shops in Salina - does anyone have any experience with these shops in Hays or Salina? I really am not willing to travel farther than Salina for a dress.
Thanks!

Re: Any experience with plus size dresses and dress shops in Western Ks?

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your smaller boutiques like the one in Hays, McPherson, Salina, etc. will carry WAY less sizes and it will be difficult to actually try dresses on.  However, I would recommend going to DB in Salina.  They will carry your size in several styles and that way you will actually be able to try dresses on. 

Make an appt. in Salina and go from there!
  • teacherbride7teacherbride7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP and just wanted to say I am in Hays, too!  :o)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Garden City and ended up making a road trip (also a great bonding time for BMs) to Wichita. I highly recommend the Dress Gallery if you decide to go to Wichita. Got a beautiful Mori Lee for $400 including taxes!
    Come what may, I will love you until my dying day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards